10.85 @127

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I pushed through the light but it still ran pretty darn good for a pure street car.. Not a bad video for an I-Phone.

Went 10.76 @127 on the next pass and I was told to put her on the trailer. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;VelXImUbp58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelXImUbp58&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice vid! Very nice run. That thing sounds like a beast at idle. What exhaust do you have, or was it open? Congrats man!

Thank you!

Open test pipe, and it does sound good. Lou can really build some s**t!

She's been as fast as 10.53 (with RJ Reynolds driving her) and she has more in her but it's tough to get the track officials to turn a blind eye for more than a pass or two, and I certainly understand why. The only safety equipment it has is a drive line loop.....

I just don't want to hack her up......

86Brick , Thanks!

Ah, yes.

The combo....... I paid Lou a lot of money for it, so you'll have to ask him and see if he gives it up. :wink:

I would also like to thank RJ Reynolds son, who video'd the run.

You have a bright and very respectful young man there, RJ and I'm honored that you, your son, and the family have extended a hand in friendship to me.

Thank you.

Thing hauls man, congrats and it sounds real nice. I know you dont want to give up to much, but could you tell us what turbo is on it?

It's an "old school" PTE 6765, I bought it 3 weeks before they announced the "new technology".

She still runs like raped ape (can I say that?)

3100 stall converter and a builder who has forgotten more motor, trans, rear end, and converter combos than most of us could ever think to build.

If I could tell you more, well, I might do just that. The thing is. I bought a very mild car from him, I told him my vision and I let him do what he does. We had a few issues, but those were resolved quickly and always in a friendly, professional manner.

All I know and really can say for sure is "I could not be happier with what I ended up with" when all was said and done.

Lou knows his stuff. Period.

Cheap? No.

Reasonable? That depends upon your definition of "reasonable".

Top Notch? Yes.

Tells you how it's gonna be done? Definitely

Do you have a say in all of it? A little bit.

Backs up his work? Second to NONE!

Meets the expectation? OH HELL YEAH!

He will also recommend the VERY BEST person to deal with if you are out of his California area, in my case, Nick Micale@AZGN and TA Performance, both in the Phoenix, AZ metro area.

Thanks to everyone! I am proud and blessed to be part of the Turbo Buick community!

The one thing I forgot to say is;

The entire Southwest TB community has embraced me in a really friendly and hospitable manner.

Lou started it by listening to me and then understanding where I was coming from. He worked hard to fulfill a dream of mine and became a true friend in the process.

The rest of the group then greeted me with open arms and I want to thank you all.

Happy Holidays to the entire TB community!!!!!!!!

That was a very nice launch..Smooth and straight with no spin!! What was your 60ft times???

Thanks!

I need to get better at 60 ft times. That was a 1.63, the 10.76 pass was a 1.58. Building a little more boost at the line will improve them.