10.4 @130 on pump, no alchy

KevinB

I was shooting for 10's....could not believe what it did.

Drove the car to the track on my 275/60/15 M/T DR's then busted off some 11's. The car was running fine, so I turned it up a little:) Best 60' was a 1.59 on the DR's launching at about 8 psi or so. I learned that these tires need a big burnout to hook....at least for my car.

My only disclaimer is that the car had 1/8th tank of C16 left in it. Added 10 gallons of Marathon 93;) No alchy.

Best part was it was driven home, no broken parts:biggrin:

Witnessed by the Lonnie Diers and Steve Hughes.

I was shooting for 10's....could not believe what it did.

Drove the car to the track on my 275/60/15 M/T DR's then busted off some 11's. The car was running fine, so I turned it up a little:) Best 60' was a 1.59 on the DR's launching at about 8 psi or so. I learned that these tires need a big burnout to hook....at least for my car.

My only disclaimer is that the car had 1/8th tank of C16 left in it. Added 10 gallons of Marathon 93;) No alchy.

Best part was it was driven home, no broken parts:biggrin:

Witnessed by the Lonnie Diers and Steve Hughes.

Good job!.. I can't wait for my V1:wink:

I thought you had meth, then i actually read it:eek:

Damn good pass!

I assume it has aluminum heads and 20° of timing or so?

BW

Thanks guys!

It has GN1's. I ran it at around 19 psi creeping to 20 and 21 degrees of timing with an a/f around 11.4.

It's interesting to watch peoples faces as your driving out of the track to go home :biggrin:

What was the 8th mile time and speed?
The whole timeslip looks like this:
r/t -.002:redface:
60' 1.594
330 4.408
1/8th 6.719
mph 106.09
1000 8.720
1/4 10.425
mph 131.84 <---that's only 8 mph less than my normal c16 tune:)

what does your combo consist of?
Here's my list of parts. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/ The cam is different now though, still a hydro roller.

It's interesting to watch peoples faces as your driving out of the track to go home :biggrin:

The best part was passing the Chevelle race car (no interior, big slicks, etc...) on the highway on the way home. I beat it by .5 seconds at the track on my 10.4 pass. Of course the Chevelle was on a trailer:biggrin:

Congrats! I'll never achieve those times. However, your headline is a little misleading since you using 3-4 gallons of 118 octane mix with pump gas. Probably had octane average near 100 or better.

Technically, we can pump 100 unleaded locally, is this considered pump gas? In my mind pump gas is a cheesy lousey turdfilled 91 octane in California. :frown:

Congrats! I'll never achieve those times. However, your headline is a little misleading since you using 3-4 gallons of 118 octane mix with pump gas. Probably had octane average near 100 or better.

Technically, we can pump 100 unleaded locally, is this considered pump gas? In my mind pump gas is a cheesy lousey turdfilled 91 octane in California. :frown:

My math comes up with an average of 98 octane. Three gallons of 116 octane and 10 gallons of 93. I'm pretty sure it would do the same on straight 93...it was a very conservative tune compared to what I run on straight 116. It showed zero detonation on the plugs and no knock on the gauge.

My math comes up with an average of 98 octane. Three gallons of 116 octane and 10 gallons of 93. I'm pretty sure it would do the same on straight 93...it was a very conservative tune compared to what I run on straight 116. It showed zero detonation on the plugs and no knock on the gauge.

I think now is about the time to throw on a dual meth kit from Julio and see if the car will get back up to 138 like it was on C-16 :biggrin:

Even if it was 100 octane, 10.4 on drag radials on a conservative tune is very quick!

BW

I think now is about the time to throw on a dual meth kit from Julio and see if the car will get back up to 138 like it was on C-16 :biggrin:

Even if it was 100 octane, 10.4 on drag radials on a conservative tune is very quick!

BW

Thanks man!
I'm thinking of doing the e85 thing. I have a buddy here with a very fast turbo 'Stang that has been running e85 with very good results all year. I've been picking his brain about a setup for my car. I think this is the future:cool:

Yeah, i understand the e85, as long as you can throw enough fuel at it and if its cheaper in the long run over running pump gas.

Hypothetical situation~

High z60's as the main injectors and use 2 large injectors under high pressure to make up for the extra needed fueling that run constant like a throttle body injection on a older GM.....

That or inject propane as the constant and use e85 with larger injectors. All just to keep the stock ECM till high z 120s are avail.

Who wants to be the guinea pig? :eek:

BW

I have Accel Gen7, I am thinking of doing 160's or bigger for injectors (I have 96's now.) I need to replace my -8 feed with a -10 and probably run 2 Aeromotive 1000 pumps (Thats overkill, but safe.) Also may replace the stock tank with a big fuel cell.

Very interesting Kevin... Wonder if that is next for my car. I am thinking about driving it back and forth to the track and I don't want to go broke putting 116 in it. I could turn it down enough to still run low 10s make some $$$ against the LS1 crowd then drive home.. Sounds like fun.

Very interesting Kevin... Wonder if that is next for my car. I am thinking about driving it back and forth to the track and I don't want to go broke putting 116 in it. I could turn it down enough to still run low 10s make some $$$ against the LS1 crowd then drive home.. Sounds like fun.
I'm loving the car right now! Its way less painful driving on the street now knowing I'm not wasting c16. I think I have a $1k race locked in with a poor sucker in an Audi S4 that does not know how to research his races to good. Lol. He thinks his high 11 second Audi is the sh1t. :)

Good runs Kevin.
I'd recommend changing the lines over, but as far as the pumps are concerned, I would simply switch over to a Weldon DB2025a and sell your A1000 to a Mitsubishi or Mustang racer to help recoupe the funds. The Weldon DB2025a pump would be plenty for that e85 combo. Much less to switch out as well. Just -12 in, and single -10 out and you're good to go.
Good showing for the Buicks, keep up the good work.

Patrick