10.26 @ 129 w/1 Walbro 340. WHOOPS.

325DR

First of all I would like to thank the following:

Eagle (for making a strong crank)
JE (for making a strong piston)
BS3 (for fuel correction)
C16 (for being a good fuel)
Cometic (for making a strong head gasket)
Without all of the above, I would probalby have a broken motor.

I drained my tank of all the old 110 fuel before I went to the track today so that I woulld have straight c16 in the tank. After disconnecting the double pumper to hot wire the pump, I shut the hood and went to the track. Made my pass and everything sounded and felt fine. The knock gauge flashed at me once or twice during the pass only for a split second so I stayed in it. I looked at my log and saw that the WHOLE PASS was 13.3:1 with 100% injector ducy cycle and the EGT was 1785!! :eek: Did I mention this was with 29psi too?

I didnt realize the pump was disconnected until I got home, so I plugged it in and make a quick 2nd-3rd gear rip. The car felt VERY VERY strong so I am going to go back to the track and hopefully get my 9.

Phew....

ps has anyone gone that fast on one of these pumps? BTW I am 3500lb raceweight.

Nice times , hope you get the 9 , thats the reason i went to one big pump myself , the 340 on my car alone was showing leaner #s on my street set up 18psi and low timming than the big Aeromotive inline .

Not as fast as you but one of the members here went 10.60's @ 126 with single Walbro. I was at the track to witness it.

Prasad

I went 10.27@131 on single XP plus. But I saw 2043º EGT and blew a HG. :mad:

Boost line going to Hobbs switch blew off. :rolleyes:

Gary Harmon ran well into the 9's (accidently) with only one of his double pumpers working and a set of 160# injectors at 100% duty cycle.

The time in my sig was accomplished on one Walbro 340. The car was still rich; EGTs were 1540.

The pump itself can't support more than 700 horse I don't think?! I'm getting close to the limits of my stock Walbro pump...it's been modified for higher pressure but still...pressure and VOLUME are two different things...

say a car weighs around 3700 lbs with driver, you are running say no more than 45 psi fuel pressure line off and 30 lbs of boost (so 75 psi at WOT), and you are running into the mid 10's...are you pretty much done with one of those pumps? this is a problem I may be facing next year...not sure when it's recommended to do the single weldon 2015 pump