1 DIN vs. 1.5 DIN?

I ordered the Metra 99-4812 adapter kit today and should have it by next week. I'll post pictures once I get it installed. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to post pictures on this forum other than posting them to a separate web site?

nope.. 'fraid not anymore.
you will have to find a hosting site, then link to them from here.

BTW, has anyone informed Steve C. on this discussion? Last I knew he was recovering from a nasty accident. ne1 know how he is? Maybe he can toss out some ideas or reasons why/why not.

Originally posted by Matt Weiser
So Ray, did you get that Metra kit yet? Does it look like it will work?

Matt, Got the adapter the other day and installed it this morning with my boost commander. Here's a copy of the post I placed in the Alchy/Nitrous forum:

I installed the new kit with my Boost Controller this morning and it went in really easy after some minor trimming and bracket fabricating for the Boost Controller mouny. Here are a couple more pictures showing the finished install along with the previous ones showing the breakdown of the new adapter:

http://community.webshots.com/album/43179943pysRGu

As for making it work for the SMC controller, It would be quite easy. There's a total of over 40 Cu. In. of space back there
(7"W X 1"H X 6"Deep) and the current SMC controller only uses about 18 Cu. In. I like Salvage6s idea of only relocating the lights and switches and leaving the rest of the components in the existing unit. Given some thought, I think it could be worked out to get a 3" wide SMC controller next to a Boost Controller (or Scanmaster). Hey Steve, are you lurking?

Ray..

Very Cool! Good job. I guess I'll have to get rid of my stock stereo now!

How hard is it to remove the BstC for tweaking? Would it be a major deal to get to the adjustments on the back?

John

Ray, that's sweet! Just what I imagined it would look like! Looks like it wouldn't be too tought to get two 1/4-DIN accessories in there side-by-side with a little trimming. I'm gonna order that Metra kit. Thanks for being the "pioneer"on this for us!

Matt Weiser

I was able to mount a cupholder form a '95 VW Pasat on the left side of the console. Works great & NO drilling.