1/4 mile guesses

DAN 87 T

just wondered what you guys think my car wuold run in 1/4 mile, TT 5.7 chip, 42lb injectors, stock turbo, homemade 3in downpipe, 2 1/2 in exhaust, ported polished stock heads and intake, rjc boost controller, adj fuel pressure regulator, 255 lph pump, 100lb valve springs, tin man cold air intake, 17lb boost, stock converter, scanmaster, 93 octane with no knock

13.5 ...IF IT HOOKS
you didnt mention an intercooler so assume thats stock ... if so i seriously doubt youll finish the 1/4 with the boost at 17 without some octane in the tank or youll see knock shutting down the run and maybe it will be in the 15s

Really you guys think that slow? What is the next logical up grade to hit 12s

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes that "slow".

I ran consistent 13.30s @101 with a a similar setup. Added Alcohol & matching chip. Tuned it a little from baseline, 11.94 was my best, with consistent 12.0x's @109-110

I'd say at least 13.3 I ran a 13.3@100 with similar mods on old good year gsa's had a 2.0 60ft, left at zero boost. It just hooked and went, that was @16-17lbs boost. That was my first and only run down the strip...so far, I've got some updated stuff so I'll be back to the track hopefully this year...Mike

1 thing = RACE fuel .. turn the boost up.. if you have tires it will run 12's all day .. they aren't even the same car on higher boost

You have the combo to hit 12's But like everyone said its not gonna happen at 17# of boost on street tires, get an alky kit, a tuner, and some MT dr's and run out the stock turbo at 22#s or put on a te-44 and reach it much easier...and practice.

You have the combo to hit 12's But like everyone said its not gonna happen at 17# of boost on street tires, get an alky kit, a tuner, and some MT dr's and run out the stock turbo at 22#s or put on a te-44 and reach it much easier...and practice.

ON a tire and Race fuel with a 44 .. that's an 11.50 car all day

I will say 12.99 with some really good tires. I have run a 13.8 @ 94 with a peg leg rear end, Bald street tires, FP, AFPR, 50lb injectors, TT chip, ATR exhaust, and k&n filter on a 135,000 mile car.

Looks like I need to order some things and get to the track fuel pump , hot wire, scanmaster, alky, tires and new chip. This site has helped me a ton in the past two years thanks again

The quality of the headwork is where you may get into the 12's on a stock setup. I never could in my stock GN, I ran best of 13.007 at 104 on pump gas, only had a chip, injectors, gutted cat, FPreg, hotwired redsXP pump and 28x9 slicks at 3710#'s. One time I added race gas and set the boost at 25. My 60 foot went from 1.8 to 1.6... so it was an easy 12 sec pass with that setup all else equal. I'd say just add alkycontrol and a new TT alky chip and run 12's "easily"

thanks guys, you guys had good guesses, finally ran it at the track on street tires, had to leave with no boost and went 13.51 at 103mph. i need drag radials, race gas and more boost, then what would you think?

thanks guys, you guys had good guesses, finally ran it at the track on street tires, had to leave with no boost and went 13.51 at 103mph. i need drag radials, race gas and more boost, then what would you think?

Just for reference, my old 86 GN went 12.8@108 on a 1.8ish 60' (open rear) with just a gutted cat, 237 regulator, k&n cone filter, race chip, race gas and slicks. Boost was at around 22psi.

With your mods, traction, and race gas (or alky) you should be solid mid-low 12's.