1-2 shift not good

455cutlass

This tranny has be just rebuilt about 1000 miles ago. .500 boost valve and larger servo on seconed gear. oil baffle. BQ tranny also. I was shifting perfect. It would get a little bit of rubber going in second. Now it slips going in, or shift like a stock tranny would with some power in front of it.

any idea's whats going wrong before I rip it apart.

thanks
Dan

I have seen bands tear where the anchor holds it to the case and cause a very lazy shift, especially if it was a sudden change in shift feel as you mention. Are all other shifts ok or is every shift soft now? If the TV cable somehow came out of adjustment or the cable came off one end or the other it will cause a lot of problems also.

Oil looks good. All other shift are good. TV cable right were it was and should be and shifting points are good.

How bad is it to fix the band anchor? That sounds like the problem. Is the case anygood now?

thanks

Dan

I have seen bands tear where the anchor holds it to the case and cause a very lazy shift, especially if it was a sudden change in shift feel as you mention. Are all other shifts ok or is every shift soft now? If the TV cable somehow came out of adjustment or the cable came off one end or the other it will cause a lot of problems also.

Just the band itself not the holding point on case?

thanks

dan

I have a new alto 1.25 band and new seals and gaskets I should need. How is the band achor pin going to be? Shot, Will I need a new one?

thanks

Dan

I have it apart. It is the Band Anchor pin. It is just about sheared off.

Were do I get a heavy duty Band Anchor pin?

The stock anchor pin has a relief were it sheared off. It looks like the relief(undercut) is not needed.

Thanks for all the help.

Dan

I bought my band anchor pin from ckperformance. I reinstalled the cushin spring with my Alto wide band. Works perfect. Thanks for the help.
Dan