08 z06 vs turbo buick

3.8 turbo

How much power is needed to smoke a new z06? We were out at a local cruise nite last nite and a guy drives through the parking lot reving his engine in a brand new z06 with his girl of course, and the said those grand nationals only looked good parked. We had about six of them all parked side by side only most all of them were stock,want to go back this weekend and teach him a lesson but not sure what car to bring and how much power it needs to make to get the job done. Thanks

What's your annual income? You will need a third of it real quick if you want to show him up by this weekend.

Z06's are nothing to be toyed with unless you have the proper set up.

All you can hope for is he is as smart as his "drive through the parking lot revving" mentality. Breaks the tires loose through the first 4 gears and you will have him. Provided you don't do the same thing.

What's needed exactly? I dunno. Bigger turbo, injectors, FMIC, ALkY, race gas, good tranny, good tires, good tune (which you have), good driver, a bible, and a diaper.

Otto should be able to fill you in on the appropriate cocktail to serve up a whoopin.

It depends a lot on the driver.

If its the typical Z06 Owner I know, you'd need 100 less HP than you'd need if its a Z06 driven by someone who knows what they are doing.

If your car runs 11's and you race from a dead stop, you will beat the majority of Z06 drivers.

There is a very small minority, however, that you'll need to be way faster than this.

We have a 1/2 mile drag race in Nebraska and at least 20 new Z06's showed up this year.

Next year, I'm bringing my 2.72:1 rear geared TTA to lay some smack down. It will suck for them when their $70K car gets beat by a $10K car and a V6 on, at that.

The fastest car at the drags was a heads/cam Z06 with a 200 shot (even faster than the 700 HP shelby Super snake) but the majority of Z06's where just a little faster than my 4000lb '86 Ponti-tank.

You need to trap 125+ mph in the 1/4 mile to be able to keep up if you both launch the same. Buicks tend to hook better though, but the C6 Z06's are quick.

Yeah from a roll. ET wins the race no matter what mph.

If I had to guess, you're gonna need an 11.0 car to hand him his a$$, and there's no guarantee. Now mid tens and it should be easy.
Heads, cam, turbo, converter, ect. Lots of mods to beat a new Z06.

From a roll you'll need a mid to high 10 second Buick.

From a dig, providing he's on run flats and you have some tire - a mid to high 11 second car can be all thats needed.

I ran my TTA and my dad's 07 Z06 back to back at the track all day. I averaged a between .10 to .20 quicker due to mid 1.60 60's vs. 1.9-2.0
but the Z had 8-10 mph on my TTA every pass. No need to say they RUN on the big end

Gotta love the Vette owners talkin smack. I agree if this cat doesn't know how to race, it could mean a victory for you.

It depends a lot on the driver.

If its the typical Z06 Owner I know, you'd need 100 less HP than you'd need if its a Z06 driven by someone who knows what they are doing.

If your car runs 11's and you race from a dead stop, you will beat the majority of Z06 drivers.

There is a very small minority, however, that you'll need to be way faster than this.

We have a 1/2 mile drag race in Nebraska and at least 20 new Z06's showed up this year.

Next year, I'm bringing my 2.72:1 rear geared TTA to lay some smack down. It will suck for them when their $70K car gets beat by a $10K car and a V6 on, at that.

The fastest car at the drags was a heads/cam Z06 with a 200 shot (even faster than the 700 HP shelby Super snake) but the majority of Z06's where just a little faster than my 4000lb '86 Ponti-tank.

Let me know when you are comng to Nebraska, would love to see that:biggrin:

I have seen 3 '06 and newer ZO6's at my local tracks. The best ET I saw was 12.40s at 118. And that was the best one. Being a stick it depends a lot on the driver. I have seen C5 Z06s run 12.0s. That was my buddy had one with just an air filter and good tires. And he has been racing stick shift Vettes for years. The 427 Z06s are bad MOFO's but may not be in the hands of someone who can't drive it.

No et yet car has a 109 short block,champion ported heads and intake,precision intercooler and a 72 mm turbo,dual nozzle alky kit,also a roller cam with td rockers.
Thats enough to beat most drivers in a car as powerful as a new Z06... besides, whats the worst that can happen...you'd lose, and you should in a 20 yr old car vs a new more powerful flagship w/ tons more technology. Go make them earn it.

Yeah, for me it would mainly be the fact that I made him WORK for that win.

So he can talk about how he beat me. But in the end, I can say, "20+ years of technology and you BARELY beat me. And this Buick has relatives that could hand you your ass."

:)

Thats enough to beat most drivers in a car as powerful as a new Z06... besides, whats the worst that can happen...you'd lose, and you should in a 20 yr old car vs a new more powerful flagship w/ tons more technology. Go make them earn it.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!;)

Get a camera in the car so we can all see you whoop up on him!!!

How much power is needed to smoke a new z06? We were out at a local cruise nite last nite and a guy drives through the parking lot reving his engine in a brand new z06 with his girl of course, and the said those grand nationals only looked good parked. We had about six of them all parked side by side only most all of them were stock,want to go back this weekend and teach him a lesson but not sure what car to bring and how much power it needs to make to get the job done. Thanks

You forgot to mention that he passed by 17 times throughout the nite.... Btw, they did look good parked....;)

My C5Z ran a best of 12.4 and typically a 12.5-12.7. Now I have 305 Nitto 555RII's out back and want to see if I can get a 12.2x

The IRS vette's are hard to launch because it is so easy to overpower the tires and start wheel hopping.

Not if..

My C5Z ran a best of 12.4 and typically a 12.5-12.7. Now I have 305 Nitto 555RII's out back and want to see if I can get a 12.2x

The IRS vette's are hard to launch because it is so easy to overpower the tires and start wheel hopping.

you can use EFILIVE, and tune the traction control, torque mgmt!:D