08 Bowling Green dates

Quick 16 class

I have noticed in the past that the payouts for these cars has dwindled down to near nothing!!! And thus so has the car count and quality of fast cars!! MAYBE A firm set of guide lines and a respectable purse for these cars
may bring some of the heavy hitters OUT TO PLAY!!! 10 and 11 second cars are fun. But 7 & 8 second is what I want to see!!! Any other thoughts on this!! This looks like it is soon to be the Buick street car nationals at the rate its going. Thats my 2 cents!!!! Mike:cool:

I have noticed in the past that the payouts for these cars has dwindled down to near nothing!!! And thus so has the car count and quality of fast cars!! MAYBE A firm set of guide lines and a respectable purse for these cars
may bring some of the heavy hitters OUT TO PLAY!!! 10 and 11 second cars are fun. But 7 & 8 second is what I want to see!!! Any other thoughts on this!! This looks like it is soon to be the Buick street car nationals at the rate its going. Thats my 2 cents!!!! Mike:cool:

Why don't you donate your two cents to Richard to double the purse for
S-16? That's more than He paid the non-turbo car 2 yrs. ago for winning.

I think your talking about Jim Dotson!!! Goes to supposedly the biggest buick race in the country , Qualifies in the Quick 16 with a carbed v6 and Wins IT !! GOT PAID NOTHING!! Was promised a Jacket and a coupon for services in Georgia. The end of Last year , I heard he still never had received a thing for winning that race!!! Yea that was awfull nice of RICHARD!!!
If I only had a fast car -- Maybe I would go!!! YEA RIGHT!!! Mike:rolleyes:

I didn't know they left the Q-16 cars in for free. That was my fault, I thought they had an entry fee.

I didn't know they left the Q-16 cars in for free. That was my fault, I thought they had an entry fee.

hmmm... thought there was an entry fee for the Q16 ... or is it included in your racing fee at registration ??

A nice purse would be if every member on turbobuick.com put in $1.00 each year. I know not every member that has signed up still comes here or even has a buick any longer. but im sure there are plenty that come by. its just a thought i had. If the purse is a few grand its not worth beating the crap out of your car and risk breaking parts that cost more then the purse. Look at Pinks isint it like $10k?
Again just a thought to throw out there..

I have noticed in the past that the payouts for these cars has dwindled down to near nothing!!! And thus so has the car count and quality of fast cars!!

I have to disagree with you on a couple points Mike. I think the quality of cars in each class is as good or better than it's ever been. Also TSO, the fastest heads up class, had a record payout last year.

I do agree that car count is getting less. But what do you expect, there are less and less of these 20&40 year old cars on the road.

Are you familiar with the Big Gun Shootout? Big Gun Shoot Out - GS Nationals - Race - GS Nationals - Buick GS Club of America - Message Board - Yuku

Barry is bringing his dragster to BG this year. It would be nice to have you bring yours for a little heads-up racing and perhaps bragging rights.

BTW: Jimmy's car isn't carbed. It's got a FAST EFI setup on it.

Cal, I think you you actually helped make my point!!! TSO is a very cool class ,and most of us will STOP what were doing to go watch these cars run.
Why - because there FAST , and because they are well represented as a group. They come because they love the class and the competition.
BUT!!! They come because YOU !!! and a few OTHERS (sorry I dont know the others or I would name names) Went out and got a huge purse together for this race. I really , honestly , dont know how much , but I heard the purse was around 10K. Now I also heard that RICHARD wanted that money funneled through his hands , and YOU would not go for it!! You wouldnt go for it because you knew it wouldnt end up all being paid out to the racers!!!
TRUST ME my hats off to you!!!
NOW , if you were to make an announcement today , that there would be NO money paid out for the TSO class , but that the winner would recieve a VERBAL coupon for a jacket and machine work at a shop in GA. , HOW MANY WOULD SHOW UP??? Now most people that run this class have full blown race cars with trucks and trailers to tow them with etc , etc , etc. It cost most of them hundreds in fuel just to get there. They show up and have to pay to join the GSCA , and pay there entry fee to race. Now if they want to get in the quick 16 -- THATS EXTRA!!! Thats my point!! You have to PAY EXTRA MONEY to race in the PREMIER CLASS at this event , and it PAYS NOTHING!!!!
Doesnt everyone that attends this race want to see fast cars?? Looks to me that everything possible is being done to keep them away. Every other big
event that I have been to , caters to the fast cars to try to get them there and keep them coming back. WHY?? Because thats what the fans want to see FAST CARS!!! Point being!! Put up a guaranteed purse for the fastest
BUICKS in the country and THEY WILL COME!!!
Cal , none of this is directed at you!!! Matter of fact I wish that you , or someone like you would get behind a movement to HELP with the Quick 16.
There are a lot of people turning there backs to the Buick because they want to go faster and dont see anyone else going really fast with these motors.
They do see other brands and Manufactures cars going FAST!!! SO they jump ship!!! I say lets boost up the purse and watch what happens!!!

I know that Barry or I will be in the 3.90s / low 6 seconds zone soon. Im not giving up till I get there!!!

YES , I am bashing in these posts , but I am just trying to raise awareness.

Thanks for listening Mike:rolleyes:

B.g

I agree with chrisk almost.If every T.B. member that shows up at B.G
would throw $10.00 up it might help! It will be my first time there and
I would help out with 10.00, T.B has saved me untold dollars.
Thanks again,Forrest

Jimmy Dotson is a real nice guy.
I did not realize he STILL was not paid of any sort. That is just so wrong.:mad:

Sweet ride. :) hehe
attachment.php

Later AJ

Attachments

• Blown.jpg
    Blown.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 326