.040 109 block

Smokin_GN

Only lil girls ride ponys
I have a spare block that has an 0.040 overbore and just taking up space maybe someone else can use it for mockup or a project. It's the bare block, no caps and was fine when pulled. Asking $250 plus the ride.

Last edited:
I'll check for you in the morning and get back to you. My guess is about 100-150.

I have a spare block that has an 0.040 overbore and just taking up space maybe someone else can use it for a project. It's the bare block, no caps and was fine when pulled. Asking $250 plus the ride.

I do not want to piss you off, but buyers need to know that a block like that without any caps is about worthless, as it will probably cost more than the price of the block and ride?

Main caps are machined to each block and almost never can be swapped with other blocks as they are final machined in place, and must have a perfect fit so there is no movement of the caps under heavy load.

Most owners do not know this and I would assume that you did not either when selling this block, so please do not be offended as I just want to uphold the integrity of this board for everyone.

I do not want to piss you off, but buyers need to know that a block like that without any caps is about worthless, as it will probably cost more than the price of the block and ride?

Main caps are machined to each block and almost never can be swapped with other blocks as they are final machined in place, and must have a perfect fit so there is no movement of the caps under heavy load.

Most owners do not know this and I would assume that you did not either when selling this block, so please do not be offended as I just want to uphold the integrity of this board for everyone.

I didn't know this either.........
Does the same costs & machining requirements incur when doing a build with steel billet caps?

I wasn't aware it was a big deal. I know people who have bought bare blocks with and without caps and built them up. Depends on what any future buyer is going to do it...maybe go all steel caps and issue solved...who knows?

All steel caps isn't much, my current motor has them and line bore and misc machining was a drop in the bucket compared to the build itself. LOL

I didn't know this either.........
Does the same costs & machining requirements incur when doing a build with steel billet caps?

The installation of steel caps requires a line bore and line hone, as well as fitment of the caps.

To do all 4 caps labor will be at least $500, and all 4 steel caps ~$800.

Steel caps are made undersize to allow fitment in the crank bore, and oversize externally so they can be machined to fit the block register.

It is unlikely that a random set of used cast caps could be fitted properly to another block?