04 cobra kill

1of1035

I was heading to a friends house and ran into a redfire 04 cobra on the way. We played around a little then caught a light. The street was empty so I knew it was on. I left on 4#'s with nitto's and put about 2 or so cars on him. We stopped after to talk and found out he had pulley,exhaust,cai and a chip. Nice guy and a real nice car. I didn't think I'd pull om him like that being as my car isn't tuned that well right now.

nice one!
suprised he even raced ya if you were a limited...
i just cant ever get anyone to turn their heads at me for even a quick race... very upsetting :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

well very nice! way to represent the turbo buick community!

I got up next to him and spooled up so that kind of gave it away. He knew what the car was anyway.

Originally posted by 1of1035
I was heading to a friends house and ran into a redfire 04 cobra on the way. We played around a little then caught a light. The street was empty so I knew it was on. I left on 4#'s with nitto's and put about 2 or so cars on him. We stopped after to talk and found out he had pulley,exhaust,cai and a chip. Nice guy and a real nice car. I didn't think I'd pull om him like that being as my car isn't tuned that well right now.

Please tell me your car is seriously modified. I know a great deal about these cars and with those few mods, I have seen them running mid 11s @ over 120 mph. Either your car is seriously fast or he was FOS. I have driven too many of my friends 03 Cobras down the track at NMRA events stock going mid/high 12s @ 110+ mph.

Yes, I have alot of work done. I don't have any times on the current combo but it went 11.8 a while back before on a te-44 since then a set of GN1 heads, 314b cam and a T63E. I was also running 18#'s. I know the cobra had exhaust. Theres no way to tell if he a pulley or chip without looking under his hood.

Originally posted by 1of1035
Yes, I have alot of work done. I don't have any times on the current combo but it went 11.8 a while back before on a te-44 since then a set of GN1 heads, 314b cam and a T63E. I was also running 18#'s. I know the cobra had exhaust. Theres no way to tell if he a pulley or chip without looking under his hood.

With those mods, that makes sense. I'm slowly trying to get my GN up to where my GT was. It might be difficult on pump gas since my GT ran mid 11s @ 120-122 mph on pure 93 octane all summer long.

I had an experience with one of these cars last month. Unfortunately we were on the expressway but some kind of action is better than no action. I had to give him the advantage by running from a punch. We hit it at around 60 and when my car went into boost I pulled two cars on him. Then he steadily pulled on me until about 110 and then went by. My car turns 110 in the quarter before it falls on it's face. I'm all done at 110. I'm sure it would have been a different story with this particular Cobra from a dead stop. I like them a lot but I wouldn't even consider having a car payment. ;)

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I like them a lot but I wouldn't even consider having a car payment. ;)

Haha I love it when you retort with the $$ factor! It's the truth. If I was getting a beater I'd go cheaper like a Sy/Ty (what're they going for, same price as TRs?)

I don't see why the new trend is ridiculously high speeds and racing in the twisties... :rolleyes: I guess I'm into going straight! But I hear some $$ spent at HR PArts n Stuff will have us doing just fine in the twisties!

cobra kill

nice kill!

don't you love to show the owners of these cobras who is boss. It must hurt getting beat by a 17 year old car with a v-6!!!

GOING FAST WITH CLASS!:)