.030 over TRW forged pistons with JE pins and new rings

TURBOTIMMER

Just what it says. About 400-500 miles on the pistons. I had to have custom pistons made since my local machine shop chose to overbore my block. I have no use for these. Light scuffing from excessive piston wall clearance. Otherwise good shape.

Brand new JE lightweight pins

Brand new .035" file fit moly rings (sealed power PN R-10437 35)

$300 + shipping for everything.

Please respond via email at turbotimmer@hotmail.com

I don't get to check online every day, so please be patient if you PM me or post on the board.

Originally posted by TURBOTIMMER
Just what it says. About 400-500 miles on the pistons. I had to have custom pistons made since my local machine shop chose to overbore my block. I have no use for these. Light scuffing from excessive piston wall clearance. Otherwise good shape.

Brand new JE lightweight pins

Brand new .035" file fit moly rings (sealed power PN R-10437 35)

$300 + shipping for everything.

Please respond via email at turbotimmer@hotmail.com

I don't get to check online every day, so please be patient if you PM me or post on the board.
:confused:

What's up Shawn?

Yeah, Station over bored the block that you had done before I picked up the T. Then they said that the rings didn't seat because I probably detonated it. Weber had Wisecos made to fit my bore.

This motor has been nothing but a money pit.

Originally posted by TURBOTIMMER
What's up Shawn?

Yeah, Station over bored the block that you had done before I picked up the T. Then they said that the rings didn't seat because I probably detonated it. .

This motor has been nothing but a money pit.

i have had bad luck with station they did a few blocks line bore with 2 center main caps and i guess the guys thought they were working on a small block chevys . all the good guys no longer work there . what size did you have to go with the bore ? when you built the motor did you ck the ring gaps ? if the block was overbored a stock ring would show a very large gap and you would get lots of blow by . . i would like to know just what the bore was and what CUSTOM piston was used ? by the way i break in my rings on my motors in the water box @5000 just before a 35 psi blast down the track ! BOOSTJUNKIE

The ring gaps came out between .019-.023 on all. The piston wall clearance on the trws came out between .0045-.005". Its funny how the ring gaps check out, but the pistons actually rocked in the bores. Only 2 of the 6 cylinders checked out ok after we did a leakdown check.

At least I'll know where to take my small block chevy when I need some good machinework....

;)