02'w and Launching

cmokem

02's and Launching

Does anyone pay attention to their 02's before launching a car. I know the 02's are suppose to be around 770-790 at the end of the quarter...what is a good 02 number while your spooling??

Just Wondering

Bob

I dont have an exact answer, but there is such a thing as too much, we believe the last time i was at the track, my lack of being able to build even 5 psi at times was to fuel....i was not able to get enough runs in to realize it and fix the prob, i do know that lowering the pressure 1 psi enabled me to go from 4 lbs to 7 on the line (this is even flooring the pedal) which i had never had to do until i used the chip i tried that day.

I wish i could go and check it again to see what types of 02's i was seeing, but i would guess in the 840s or more...

Dan

i believe you wont get a steady o2 reading the numbers will be jumping all over the place untill you reach wot. hope this helps

First let me say that I power brake it untill I see 15psi of boost then I launch it.
I looked at my DS files and the O2's climb steadily from 700 to 800 at which point I launch. So I do not see a steady O2 number while building boost.

:cool: