'02 SuperCharged Regal

Rob_85Ttype

I drove a new '02 S/C Regal at the dealer yesterday, and to say the least, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting a little whining from the s/c, and some feeling that boost was playing a part of the acceleration, but didn't. My daily driver is a '94 Regal GS, and to be truthful, it didn't feel much different from that, just a little stronger. I would have thought an additional 60 horses would be noticable.

Is it possible that this car was not "tuned" properly for what I expected, and can these cars be turned up without adding things like s/c pulleys and the like?

If you remove the hood insulator, you will hear blower whine under boost. My GTX ran 14.20@96 bone stock, I have since added a 3.25" pulley and an SLP loudmouth exhaust. I have run a best of 13.5@100 with a 1.9 60'. The only problem is getting it to launch on stock good years. The power comes in smooth, so they feel slow, especially since I am used to the GN's power. Also being FWD with a transverse mounted engine, there is little body twist.

Forcefed, how much did that pulley system cost you? (if you don't mind me asking.) A friend just got an '00 Regal GS, and is looking to mod it some. I told him a pulley system would be the way to go.
You're running awesome times btw. I wouldn't sweat a 1.9 60', with stock tires and FWD that's pretty damn good. Pullin' over a G at launch, not too shabby :cool:

I just got a thrasher press on pulley. It was around $70, and I borrowed the special puller from a friend (fellow SC3800 owner). I wish I got a Dial Ur Boost type system so I coule use a smaller pulley at the track, but this is my daily driver and I don't want to push it. I had to use colder spark plugs (I chose NGK TR6's), and a 160 thermostat. With the 3.25" pulley, I run around 13psi (stock is 7 to 8). I have no knock guage, but I don't think it is detonating on 94 octane. Thrasher has a dyno sheet on the 3.5" pulley. They only gained 25 or so hp, but torque went up around 80lbsft. Having smoke rolling off the tires of a FWD car off idle is cool at a traffic light. Squealing the tires from 35mph racing a Mustang is cooler.
I recommend www.3800performance.com. They have about the best prices I have run across.
These cars are a disease too. I said I would be happy with 13.9 when I got it. The first (and only) time I went out with the new pulley, it went 13.5, now I want high 12's. Daily drivers are cool. GM might make alot of FWD's, but most of them run with Mustang GT's:eek: (including the NA 3800's). :confused:

ummm....the NA 3800's might need a bit of modding to run with stock mustang gt's, i know mine doesnt run that fast, though i havent raced or driven one before either, atleast not yet

I was also a little bummed after test driving a 99GS a couple months ago. I laughed cause when getting on the freeway the boost read 23psi (i know the run like 8psi )and i felt nothing.