02' firebird value

tom j

What would you think a 02 firebird with 9k miles on it in mint shape(garaged). T-tops, leather ect..

i sold my 02 T/A LS1 with 64k for 10k about 2months ago

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 125
That would be LS1 with a LS6 intake manifold, unless you've done a motor swap. F-bodies only came with LS1's

Actually some 02 and possibly even 01s came from the factory with the LS6 block. Don't recall the specifics but I believe GM had a surplus of LS6 blocks and stuffed them into the F bodies. Kind of a luck of the draw sort of deal although I don't think it affected the actual hp numbers.

You’re living in a fantasy - all they did was put LS6 manifolds on them.

Trans Am/Camaro/Firebird (GM F-Body) Page

"Apparently there have always been two version of the LS1: One built in Montupet, and one built in Nemak, Mexico. They use two different methods in creating the block, and apparently the Nemak block is a stronger, more performance oriented block. (The material properties were about 10% higher/stronger. Nemak uses a low-pressure precision fan process, more high performance oriented.). When the Z06 Corvette came out, GM decided to use the Nemak plant to build the LS6 block, since they built stronger blocks. So Nemak built LS6's, while Montupet built LS1's. Since there were so many LS6 blocks made, several made it into F-bodies. Numbers from GM are that about 10-15% of 2001 cars had LS6 blocks, and 25% of 2002 cars did. To confirm if your 2001-2002 F-body has an LS6 block, grab a mirror and a flashlight. Open the hood and head over to the driver's side to try and see the back of the left-hand deck, above the transmission flange. A cast-in #12561168 denotes the LS6 block. And if you aren't able to see the number, you may be able to tell by the block's luster-the Montupet plant cast a shinier block, the Nemak plant made the duller block. The Z06 block (LS6 block) is not only much stronger, it also has 87% better ventilation between bays, which equates to less pumping losses at high RPM's."

GMHTP did an article on this back at the time and there's plenty of other info about it on the web. Maybe you should do a search next time before spouting ignorance :rolleyes:

Trans Am/Camaro/Firebird (GM F-Body) Page

"Apparently there have always been two version of the LS1: One built in Montupet, and one built in Nemak, Mexico. They use two different methods in creating the block, and apparently the Nemak block is a stronger, more performance oriented block. (The material properties were about 10% higher/stronger. Nemak uses a low-pressure precision fan process, more high performance oriented.). When the Z06 Corvette came out, GM decided to use the Nemak plant to build the LS6 block, since they built stronger blocks. So Nemak built LS6's, while Montupet built LS1's. Since there were so many LS6 blocks made, several made it into F-bodies. Numbers from GM are that about 10-15% of 2001 cars had LS6 blocks, and 25% of 2002 cars did. To confirm if your 2001-2002 F-body has an LS6 block, grab a mirror and a flashlight. Open the hood and head over to the driver's side to try and see the back of the left-hand deck, above the transmission flange. A cast-in #12561168 denotes the LS6 block. And if you aren't able to see the number, you may be able to tell by the block's luster-the Montupet plant cast a shinier block, the Nemak plant made the duller block. The Z06 block (LS6 block) is not only much stronger, it also has 87% better ventilation between bays, which equates to less pumping losses at high RPM's."

GMHTP did an article on this back at the time and there's plenty of other info about it on the web. Maybe you should do a search next time before spouting ignorance :rolleyes:

:tongue::p:D

Just yesterday a buddy of mine just bought a 2001 Firehawk with 30k miles for $14k.

Actually some 02 and possibly even 01s came from the factory with the LS6 block. Don't recall the specifics but I believe GM had a surplus of LS6 blocks and stuffed them into the F bodies. Kind of a luck of the draw sort of deal although I don't think it affected the actual hp numbers.

X2. I remember them saying that back in '01/'02 back when I bought mine. Mine doesn't have one. It really didn't make a whole lot of difference in performance, since they sill had the regular LS1 heads, cam and valvetrain. But it does add to the cool factor and IMHO value to the car.

Is this car a WS6? That would factor in too..