010 block

For you all that are sbs fans try Mortec.com I dont know how to link it but have fun with your casting #'s:p

hey incharge you wouldent happen to be in the dfw area would you because i found a 010 block bored .30 over sleeved for 250:eek: but somebody beat me to it:( balls

I had a 3970010 block in my nova. It had 500,000 miles on it when i bought it. I drove it for 10 more years. It smoked a little but it had over 1,000,000 miles on it when it spun a bearing after the guy i sold the car to let it run low on oil. So I bought a spare 4bolt 010 motor to go in the Cutt if the 327 ever goes out on me.

I agree with this statement totally. It is better to start with a 2 bolt block (I have built 14 of these, long ago) and use splayed main caps so the tension/pull is in a different plane than the 4 bolts pulling on the main web only. I have used the Milodon caps and had the block main saddles checked and the machinist I used to use would get everything so close that I would have the block align honed to take out the .0015" that he would get it close to. He was such a great machinist and I was sad when he retired. :( Anyway, there are lots of 2 bolt 010 blocks and if it came from a truck with the "camper special" or tow package, it was supposed to be guaranteed a 4 bolt.

My SBC Twin Turbo Trans Am started as a 2 bolt 010 block. We also had the spalyed caps installed. The motor hasn't been pushed hard yet. I took it all a part a year ago to cleanup under the hood and get everything powder coated. When I get it back together we will see what the breaking point is!:eek: