009's and not happy...

Gn-ing

been running 36's and ran great...bought 009's and with red's 107 chip,runs way rich on the bottom....lost 2mph in the 1/4...talked to Red today,and told me to up to boost from 24 lbs ...i'm running race gas...I don't think this will have any effect on low speeds...it's hesitates now,from being so "fat"...I'm about ready to pull the 009s and put the blue's back in,and run them at 24 lbs....who has luck with other chips and 009's?...Need Help

I'm no expert in this area, nor can I explain why some injectors work better with some combinations than others, but my 009s work just fine with my Extender chip. No tip in stumble and I would be lying if I told anyone I knew how to tell if my injectors were "fat" down low or not.

How do people know if the injectors are "fat" somewhere in the RPM curve? Does it smell rich or something? BLMs?

Originally posted by stickybones
I'm no expert in this area, nor can I explain why some injectors work better with some combinations than others, but my 009s work just fine with my Extender chip. No tip in stumble and I would be lying if I told anyone I knew how to tell if my injectors were "fat" down low or not.

How do people know if the injectors are "fat" somewhere in the RPM curve? Does it smell rich or something? BLMs?

Fat,,was Red's term...anyway..it's gets black smoke out of the tail pipes,at idle and low speeds,with no boost and a stumble,that the 36's never had.....I boosted it up to 29lbs...but don't really like that high of boost...

Eric the man

Do yourself a favour and contact eric@turbotweak.com. I had similar complaints with other chips including the one you are using. My car rocks now. No more tip in stumble, better throttle response, better gas mileage. What more could you ask for? He will make a chip for YOUR combo and needs. Do a search in the "chip" section and you will see for yourself. I think I paid $60.00 and it is the best money I spent.

Ravi

I had the same problem w/ Red's chips, as did a friend of mine as well w/ 009's. We sent the chips back numerous times to have him pull out fuel down low, block learn was never right. Bought a set of Jay Carter chips and never looked back, like night and day!

:cool:

Jeff

As far as the 009 chips go...never had any luck with the ATR or RA they are always pig rich.

I also ran a RA chip in my car with the 009s. Car ran very rich at idle as well. I switched to Eric`s chip and never looked back. I think he burns the best chip by far. Are you positive that you can actually run 29lbs of boost with that turbo or is that just what the gauge says. Keep running like that and chips & injectors will be the least of your worries.

Originally posted by REGALTURBO
Are you positive that you can actually run 29lbs of boost with that turbo or is that just what the gauge says. Keep running like that and chips & injectors will be the least of your worries.

He ain't joking. When I bought my car it had a TE62 and 36lb injectors :confused:. I promply blew the heck out of the head gaskets, and nowhere near 29 lbs of boost, maybe 20.

had the problem was extremely rich with RA chip went to extender and helped it then to eric's chip and on 20lbs on a 116 race chip went faster than 23lbs on my extender street chip thats how much just a chip makes a difference send eric that RA chip ascore and get a real chip :)

turbotoy

I have one of Eric's thumbwheel chips in my TTA with 009's and it works flawlessly. It is very hard to tell that it is not a stock chipped Buick Turbo motor. Excellent manners and seamless transition from boost to non-boost.

Eric tells me that I have the only thumbwheel chip he made for 009's but I would bet all of his chips would work this well.

If you want to make reliable decent HP, it means running large injectors.

There's no reason to even mess around with 36-42-50s any more.

While folks constantly look at WOT fueling they typically ignore AE. Accleration Enrichment.

Get some 60s and do it right, is my advise.

It's not what you were asking, but, thought I might save you some aggravation.

purchased Eric's race chip and put it in the car tonite...drives much better.no load up at low speeds,and no knock at WOT...i'm going to run it at the track this week...and see what happens..I also am getting a Jay Carter chip...i'll try that too...

I have 009's and reds chip,a real pig down low.How do I get a chip from Eric,got a phone #,I cant seem to email him.ThanX.

For one reason or another, I can't receive email from anyone with the "buickturbo.com" address. Try sending me a private message.

Regards,
Eric

J Lubrant makes a killer chip for all injectors.. Thats what Im running purchased from Pete at ANS.. Wonderful combo.. :D