ZR-1 is gone !

Gary, is there an engine section where Guys motor can be posted, Let me know please.

Guy arrived with his 17 year old son at my shop today to inspect his car & take it home. Took it out for a spin & did a blast down the middle of Lake forest during which his son exclaimed Dad ! we just went past a cop sitting off the side of the road as it shifted into third gear well in excess of the posted speed limit.. The cop must of been sleeping or had a call cause he never bothered to chase down Guy. A reference was made as to how mean chicken is able to get away with his street racing when there seems to be a cop on every street corner of Lake forest. Chicken explained to me that God was his co-pilot & therefore protected from prosecution. If that being the case perhaps Guy should either start attending religious services with chicken or slow down.

Guy arrived with his 17 year old son at my shop today to inspect his car & take it home. Took it out for a spin & did a blast down the middle of Lake forest during which his son exclaimed Dad ! we just went past a cop sitting off the side of the road as it shifted into third gear well in excess of the posted speed limit.. The cop must of been sleeping or had a call cause he never bothered to chase down Guy. A reference was made as to how mean chicken is able to get away with his street racing when there seems to be a cop on every street corner of Lake forest. Chicken explained to me that God was his co-pilot & therefore protected from prosecution. If that being the case perhaps Guy should either start attending religious services with chicken or slow down.

I think I've got the local po-po hyp-mo-tized.....
They already know they can't catch a turbo Buick .... so they don't even bother.
Ya'll can thank me for setting up the cloaking effect.

So,

My son and I hauled the car back to Phoenix without much drama, well, except for losing one of the ramps for the trailer on I-10 going thruogh Palm Spings at about
80 MPH.

Dude rolls up beside me in a late modle Caprice and is waving his hands all around, I thought he was flashing gang signs of somekind.... He rolls down his window and tells me I lost a ramp about a half mile back so I turn around and look but it's 119* out there and the friggin' thing is supposed to be in the center median so I didn't look all that hard. I'm just glad it didn't take out another car as it careened across the freeway.....

Looks like some fabrication and welding is in my future...

Well I got the car home and with a little "jury rigging" got it off the trailer and took my buddy for a li'l spin.

Did a quick little 3/4 throttle blast and now I'm pretty certain he's just going to throw the underwear he was wearing in the trash as they will never, ever get complete clean. :eek:

WOW that car is a BEAST! Lou, ya done good!

I just Can't thank you enough.

The dual fans kept it running below 195* even in the Phoenix afternoon heat!

Glad you're happy Guy, Thats the car no body wanted cause it was a white Regal. When i first seen it i knew it could be something nice. It has come a long way from then. Just don't let it out of your sight or crash it. Right now I need a break that project was a major thrash. Took six weeks from start to finish. Like I first explained had you not went the route & try to do it cheap it would of taken years & probably in the end cost more. Thanks Lou

The dual fans kept it running below 195* even in the Phoenix afternoon heat!

Don't lean on it in the heat or when the engine temp is already over 175-180....from my personal experience....that's not gonna do nice things to the motor...
A couple summers back I made a bad habit of leaning into my engine too much when it was hot out and when the engine temp was up...didn't take long to create some leaky cylinders...

That's a beautiful car, Guy....enjoy it....but respect it.;)

Lou,

What brand dual fans did you install?
Spal, with a caspers relay harness & outside temps in Phoenix at 114 the engine runs about 185 with an alumn. radiator. Hardly reaches 165 here in lake forest on an 80 degree day.

RJ,

If you want to see the set-up Lou did just let me know and we can meet somewhere for you to have a look-see.

RJ,

If you want to see the set-up Lou did just let me know and we can meet somewhere for you to have a look-see.

Guy,

What part of town do you live in? A couple of us usually meet at Nick's on Satuday and go out to lunch. He lives off of 35th Ave between Greenway and Bell. I would love to see how your car turned out.

Ha! I used to live at 43rd and Port Au Prince.

Now I'm In dead center Phoenix, 7th Street and Glendale.

I'm assisting with a Job Fair at work this Saturday, but I could try to make it next week.

Don't lean on it in the heat or when the engine temp is already over 175-180....from my personal experience....that's not gonna do nice things to the motor...
A couple summers back I made a bad habit of leaning into my engine too much when it was hot out and when the engine temp was up...didn't take long to create some leaky cylinders...

That's a beautiful car, Guy....enjoy it....but respect it.;)

Well said. These engines make huge power for their small size. This makes lots of heat. Heat kills engines (and transmissions and other stuff). Keep it cool and it should last a long time. My Mutton motor is at about the same power level as yours, and it has run flawless for many years. You need to be extra careful flogging that thing in the hot AZ. heat.

Congrats on having one of the nicest Turbo Buick street cars around.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Well, ummmmmm,

I'm not exactly sure what to say here.

Thanks for the kudos Mike, but it needs to be said that the credit for this car must absolutely go to Lou. He is solely responsible for this beautiful build.

He sold me the car and at the time I purchased it I had no idea who he was. He listened to what I had as a vision for the car, explained to me that he could make my vision a reality, and then proceeded to far exceed any expectaion level I could have set.

He was direct, specific, informative, knowledgeable, and most of all, he was sincere. He never let me stray from the original plan. And beleive me, I did try to stray........and stray and stray....

I'm pretty sure I drove ol' Lou nuts, but he stuck by me, and reigned me back in when I tripped off the line.

Mind you now, occasionally he would say OK and do what I asked..... The next time we would talk I could actually HEAR him grinning on the other end of the phone when he told me how much my little "request" had just cost me...... :eek:

Exceedeing my expectations is NOT a feat often accomplished. I'm pretty much a **** when it comes to my my stuff.

Maybe that comes from being the customer interface between a super high line dealership service provider and the owners of vehicles that pay STUPID money to buy their vehicles.

Go ahead and Google Penske Scottsdale 101 Collection, and click on the tab that comes up.

I deal with some really difficult people on a daily basis.

That, in turn, makes me a pretty hard "car guy" to please.

I'm not afraid to ask for what I want, and I dont mince words when it comes to cost. If I think your jacking me up, I'll call your butt out in a heartbeat.

It's not an easy thing to meet me, deal with me, and come out on the other end having me say I consider you a friend.

No, it's not easy at all.

I would call Lou Czarnota a friend of mine all day long.

Lou is a unique individual and has an incredible wealth of knowledge regarding TR's, and he is willing to share that knowledge.

I'm pretty certain he has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about these cool little cars.

I will say it again, Lou absolutely exceeded my expectations, and continues to exceed them with "service after the sale".

Thank you Lou. Thank you very much.

And Mike, Chicken, Gary Wells, RJ Reynolds, Nordy and the rest who watched this car come together, thank you for the compliments. They are humbly received and greatly appreciated!

Lou really is the man.....

I am, however, still pissed that Lou's new 40K GN was able to garner all of my son's attention when we came to pick up the SNOOZ R, I mean really, how *** up is that?????.........;)

Lou, you old BASTARDO!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ha! I used to live at 43rd and Port Au Prince.

Now I'm In dead center Phoenix, 7th Street and Glendale.

I'm assisting with a Job Fair at work this Saturday, but I could try to make it next week.

I'm busy this weekend as well, but next weekend will work. We meet at Nick's around noon, BS for a few minutes and decide where we want to eat and go from there. His address is 3334 W Marconi Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85053. Bring your son. I bring my 16-yr old son and he loves hanging out with us car guys.