XFI, rough idle, no A/F, no TPS

OK, added E85 in the tank and took the car out. It does run better but is running rich at idle (A/F 6.50). It'll smooth out once warmed up and idle at A/F 7.50 or so. Driving the car under light load, it runs pretty well. BUT, I'm still having problems with it loading up on me. A/F dip down to the mid to low 5's and then I have to let off.

I wanted to log it tonight but the computer died. Hoping to get some log time in Friday. Is there a way to move the complete VE table to get a leaner range? How do I get the idle to run a little leaner? Do I have to get in the and change each individual box in the idle and load ranges? It almost just seems the entire table is just too fat.

One thing I did also just remember is that with the 1.340 tune, we had it set for 160's but after reading up a little more on my injectors, these are really more or less 150's. Now that may have made a difference while running on the 1.340 tune because it would have run leaner but now that I have caught it and changed the XFI to 150's it may reflect on the VE table's richness more than before.

Got a little more seat time in the car. I trimmed the entire VE table 10% which brought my O2 correction at idle from 10.7 to -2 or so. A/f at idle is around 11:1, this is on a gas scale. The car still loads up once any sort of boost starts to come in. A/f drop down to 5:1. Is there a chart that adjust anything having to do with MAP pressure that'll make this thing go fat once its seeing any positive boost instead of zero or negative vacuum? I just cant get thing damn thing figured out. Getting extremely frustrated.

How do I post my latest log showing the FAT under load? I saw 3 and 1.5 counts of knock with an A/F of 7:1 for a split second.

How do I post my latest log showing the FAT under load? I saw 3 and 1.5 counts of knock with an A/F of 7:1 for a split second.

Download the program winzip and zip them then you can post them here..

Norbs, I sent you an email with the log. Can you post it? You can see the knock at the 10 sec. line.

Norbs, I sent you an email with the log. Can you post it? You can see the knock at the 10 sec. line.
Sure will do, I'll look it over.......

Attachments

• too fat.zip
    7 KB · Views: 73
Looks like you hve 36 degrees timing just before the knock.......you may want to back that off a bit and retest the car.........

I noticed the timing was high. How do I back it down? I have quite a bit of timing in my timing table all across the board. Do you still have my tune so you can look at the chart? Wuld this cause the 5:1 A/F?

Your barely into boost and you have some cells that are not even and your in and out of the gas, this is causing your mess. What was the filename?

Got the winzip figured out!! Woohoo, one step forward!

Attachments

• too fat.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 68
Cant keep my eyes open anymore. Been trying to read up on this XFI all day and my brain and eyes hurt. Going to hit the hay for the night before my head pops. Thank you to all of you that have helped me so far. One day, I will be able to drive this car to its potential. Just have a lot to learn before that day will come.

A suggestion: Start using file names that can be cross matched to the tunes and data logs.;)

Your timings all in the map, overlay the map and take some timing out, and some fuel ....

Here is your original tune..

Attachments

• jdpolzin E85 150lb inj..zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 62
Should I be dropping all timing that's in the 30 down to about 22 or so?

How about fuel? I took 10% out of the whole chart but where should I be changing the high numbers too?

Should I be dropping all timing that's in the 30 down to about 22 or so?

How about fuel? I took 10% out of the whole chart but where should I be changing the high numbers too?

You wont know until you run the engine up at those boost levels, I would take out the timing in a group of cells where your getting knock, maybe 5 degrees for now..

Now these cells represent actual timing correct? I might be mistaken but I cant ever seem to remember a TR running in the mid 30's for timing. Shouldnt we be between 20-25? I'm just thinking, why would this start up tune have anything in the 30's?