XFI, rough idle, no A/F, no TPS

Dont be too worried about 02 correction at idle it will swing all over the place......4 is fine 20 is bad...

Ok, once I get the Cam sync set, I also need to address a few other things. The car runs good now until I hit the gas and put any real load on it. It bogs down so I know the A/F is off. Anything in particular that I need to look for or just try to adjust the VE table in the area where it bogs? Then just keep making more and more adjustments in those areas as I put more and more load on it?

Or do I just drive the car for a while and let it self learn? Just stay out of the gas for the most part? As far as boost, with the car running good on the 1.340 tune, I have it set at only 8psi for now. Biggest thing is just getting it back to being able to drive it down the road.

In order for self learn to work you must be in the same cell for 1 second, closed loop on and your closed loop limit settings will limit the amount the self learn can correct. ALso the learn gain is ususally set very low +-15% at low speeds. This is what i suggest you do, let the car warm up, put it in open loop and adjust each cell on the foot brake from idle to 3000 rpm to maintain a 12.9-13 AF ratio or may a lil richer since your usinge e85, this should cure your dead spots off idle , however not too long to heat the tranny too the moon, so you may have to do it a bit at a time...

OK, thank you again for your advice. I'll play with it today and keep getting it little by little. I'm suprized that the car ran so well with the 1.340 tune and so poorly with the 2.010. It's the same tune but Cal just converted it to work with the new 2.010. I'm digging into my old posts more and more to see if I can find something I did that I might be missing now.

Try tweaking the injector offset vs battery voltage. I like to recsale it and adjust it while turning on bright lights, fans, brakes, etc.. Glad we got the cam signal issue fixed

OK, well I got some time to play with the car a little more. The car idled fat and would make your eyes burn. I couldnt get the car out of my neighborhood and could basically put NO LOAD on the motor. I found a loose lower IC hose and a slightly leaking flange on my external wastegate. I fixed the IC hose first becuase it was a quick fix and was the most major leak of the two. I didnt get time to mess with the flange yet, it is a small leak but still needs attention. Now the car runs much better and can be excellerated normally up to speed. I still cannot give the car any real load, it will just sputter. It also does not idle anywhere near as rich as before but is still rish enough to smell. Idle has smoothed out somewhat as well. What should I be looking for at this point?

Yep, it's been swapped over. Car ran fine before the swap but now with the new version, it just doesnt want to run. Im getting there slowly. Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

You know on your ve the drop down menu at the bottom it says adaptive learning is that box check marked.

Just un check it and see what it does if the numbers are not close it cant adjust properly i have the 2.0 in my car as well it runs great but i dont use the learning tables

OK, I'll give that a shot too! I know it's going to need some adjustment. I have tried to adjust the injector voltage and have found a few issues with the cam sensor which are now fixed. I'm wondering if my adjustments that I have made since Cal's start up tune have thrown it off. I must have blown the IC hose off at about the same time I converted to 2.0. So now I'm wondering if my tuning with a weak IC hose have thrown it off. The IC hose wasnt completely off but definately wasnt tight. Either way, the car seems to have the same reaction under load so I dont think I'm too far off from the original tune.

Thats possible also rich start ups could be your cranking fuel or after start fuel too.Man if you dont get it ill send my tune and just install it and see if that fixes it.

I have to put my foot on the gas to start it so I think the start up fuel may be a little lean. After start fuel may be an issue. Are you running E85?

No was running 110 race but now im back on 93 pump gas your running e85 correct. Whats your idle ve number and your afr

I would tune this thing on pump gas to see if you can get it to run "normaL"

Hopefully by Friday I will get some of this sorted out. I'm thinking I have a few compounding issues that are leading up to the inability to get this car running.

First, the car sat for 2 years waiting to get the rear end and trans right. Then I finally get it running and get it out to my new house. Car ran great on the 1.340.

I was having problems with the Cam Sync, which is now corrected and durng that time, Cal suggested updating to 2.0, which I did. Then started having problems getting it to run right afterwards. I played and played with it. So now, I find a lose IC hose, which would cause obvious problems. It probably blew while I was cruising around at my new house. So I've been trying to tune with a lose hose so now my tune is probably off.

I fix the hose, take the car out and it does run better, of course. BUT, I noticed my fuel is a little low and I think my gas gauge is off enough becuase the car died in the driveway today. It sputtered out.

So if I was out on the street with low fuel, it may have leaned out becuase of it and caused the sputtering under load.

Plan is to change the fuel filter, get E85 back in the tank. Check the Coolant temp and make sure the temp sensor is working properly. Chuck Leeper pointed out that the temp wasnt changing much in my logs, so I'll verify if it's good or not.

I'll report back!

I'm in your same boat,my Cars done less the XFI 2.0 monkeying around.It won't run...Best thing to do is have Cal Hartline show up,In an hour or less your car will Fly!!! but you have to catch'm first..;^)

My vista machine hooks-up, but it did take couple trys. I plug in the cord,wait till the computer reads it,then turn on the Ing. an try to connect.

Thanks HelloBozos. I can't remember exactly where jdpolzin is located. I think I'm in his "neighborhood" in a couple weeks when I fly into Kansas City. Hopefully he has it sorted out before then.