XFI, rough idle, no A/F, no TPS

The car idles but surges between 900 and 1300 RPM. It surges the entire time the car is running really. Do I need to reduce every box? Reduce each one by the same amount?

The point where the car "idles" is where the 39 box(es) are but the ball bounces all over the place within 5-6 boxes

For now I would keep all the boxes the same number , along with the timing until you can keep things stable. You dont want the timing jumping around much while your trying to get an idle. Try 28 degree's I'm not sure on e85 what it likes for timing. You also dont want your target af swinging all over the place either , Whats the iac target at? If you manage to get into cllosed loop limit your correction or turn the gain down or both.

thanks for the info and the post on yellowbullet. I have to admit that I'm still just not really understanding all the different tables and how each one effects the next. How do I know if the enrichments are off? Could this cause my entire VE Table to be off?

Not unless you changed injector size between 1.34 and 2.0 at the same time? If they were ok before they should not change in 2.0 for cold start etc. Its all in the tuning process, you need to log

CTS. CORR, AFT.CORRECT, SPARK BTDC, CAM SYNC BTDC , RPM, KPA, COOLANT TEMP, AIR TEMP, PSI, TARGET AF, ACTUAL AF, VE, TPS, BPW, ESC RETARD, BATT. VOLTS. O2 CORRECTION.

then you can see what is happening preferred at 20 frames per second.

IAC Target is 90. I wouldnt even know how to turn the gain down or know how the gain effects anything to be able to know if I'm doing anything right.

Well the injectors are the same but initially I thought these were 160's and thats what Cal sent the table for. I now know that these injectors are actually 150's. So I told Cal this time around that we need to switch the program to 150's but as far as the tables, I dont know what has been changed. How do I log all of those different things? I'm very very very amatuer at this XFI so I need to be walked through this stuff like a two year old.

You need to spend some time reading the manual, and you will learn quickly. Go to the file tab, dash setup, select a dash number you want to edit, highlight the parameters you want to add, click add then save that simple. The go to the logging tab and setup realtime logging, and select the same dash number you edited, select logging trigger method(manual which is space bar method) and log time click ok. When your ready to log press F8 and spacebar, then save the log by pressing S and give it a filename.etc.

OK, I'll give it a try more tomorrow and practice at logging it. I agree, I do need to read the manual because this all is very confusing to me. I forwarded my start up tune to your email address incase you may want to look at it. Thanks for your help and taking the time for me! ----Jeremy

Program looks good, but each motor might need more or less fuel, based on your idle numbers I would say its just too rich causing your problems. I took a bit of ve out, might help, try it again see if it helps. If you do a log it would really help tuning it rather than guessing.

Cold start is hard to tune, since you really need to do the warm start 1st, so it could take a few tries, and you have to see what's the best stable af for idle.

Thanks again for all of your help! I'm going to make an attempt at some logs today and hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Not a dumb question at all actually Chuck. I am going to reset the cam sensor again. The thing is though, the car ran great on the 1.340 tune last week and now that it's switched to the 2.010 set up, the car barely runs. It's running very rich. I sent Norbs the start up program, which he made a few changes to, now the car idles much smoother without the surging. It still is rich enough during driving that I cant get it past 2000 RPM.

Not a dumb question at all actually Chuck. I am going to reset the cam sensor again. The thing is though, the car ran great on the 1.340 tune last week and now that it's switched to the 2.010 set up, the car barely runs. It's running very rich. I sent Norbs the start up program, which he made a few changes to, now the car idles much smoother without the surging. It still is rich enough during driving that I cant get it past 2000 RPM.

I sent you an email, once the sensor is at 95 it should run better, you map is just way to rich looks like at low speeds what is your fuel pressure?

Norbz, I'll adjust the cam sensor and watch the Cam Sync numbers until I see 95. My fuel pressure is set at 43 with the line off. I'll do as you mentioned and lower the number 4 cells at a time. When I set my crank reference angle, I needed to change the number from 6 to 12 in order to get it accurate. Could this be causing my cam sync to be off?

I would also like to just simply say thanks to you and Cal for the help. I wish I knew more than I do and I am trying to learn. I've picked up a lot in the past week.

Norbz, I'll adjust the cam sensor and watch the Cam Sync numbers until I see 95. My fuel pressure is set at 43 with the line off. I'll do as you mentioned and lower the number 4 cells at a time. When I set my crank reference angle, I needed to change the number from 6 to 12 in order to get it accurate. Could this be causing my cam sync to be off?
Considering the buick DIS system setting is supposed to be 10 degrees not 6 degrees, this only means your out 2 degrees, from spec, I don't think its going to throw your cam sync out 28 degrees....

I would bring the fuel pressure down to about 39 hose off for now...

OK WOW!!!! I'm way the heck off! I'll go ahead and drop the fuel pressure down for now and play with the cells until I can get it right.

Thanks for the guidance! Normally with these Buicks, I soak it up like a bar rag on a spilled beer but when it comes to the XFI, I dont even have the cotton to make a towel and I feel like I'm surrounded in beer! Thanks for the cotton towels guys!!:D Now it's off to soak a little more beer up with my family!!!:p

I'll report back again tomorrow first thing.

Had ome family things to do yesturday but I did get my Cam Syn adjusted to 95 as Norbs suggested. Today I'm going to do a little more work and Chuck Leeper was gracious and kind enough to look my log files over for me. Here are some suggestions from Chuck that I'll be trying today:

I looked at the tune and the log.
My .02..
You have the inj opening delay set to 20*. should be 0??
ECT is an ABSOLUTE strait line at 164*. I'm wondering if it's fubar?
You have inductive delay @ 96. I think you should leave it at 40...That can mess w/ the timing, if wrong.
Did you do the cam sync test? I see you have it set on cylinder 6... Don't know if that's right or not. Look at Cal's tune and see.

For the time being, turn off the auto tune...
Let me now how it goes.

Chuck

OK, now another problem. Everytime I hit the gas, while in park, the cam sync numbers change. I set the cam sync to 95, cam sensor is tight. Now I hit the gas and the number will go to 64, hit it again and it goes to 105, hit it again, it goes to 98, etc. Bad cam sensor cap???

Also, My computer keeps Blue Screening on me while connected to the fast. Is there a new USB program to help with this? Makes it really difficult to do anything when you have to let the computer restart every 30 seconds.