Would no tight up top hurt my performance

I've seen some really fast close to stock cars run a 9.5" PTC. If I was looking to run a number with a near stock engine I'd be using the 9.5" PTC without a doubt. Another thing to mention is me or anyone else can't tell you what slip is going to be. The more torque the higher the slip. Stock heads and cam are absolutely done at 4800. It's all the turbo after that. We've gone much faster on a stock converter with much less slip than the times you posted. You shouldn't have to ever be in 4th. Converter is likely broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Bison has said, it sounds very odd. It sounds like the fins are laid back in the converter to get that much slip at that et. However it's odd the converter isn't noticeably looser down low if fins are laid back.

There are some high 10 second stock engine combo's out there using the 9.5 non lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they can be restalled but that depends on what your looking to do with it. Some have sent them in to be tightened but there was no more adjustment in them so I had to swap them to a 9.5. Very few people want them looser. Depending on what stall arrangement it has, I have been able to get some 400 rpm tighter. There's really no way to know without cutting it open and looking at it. Worst case, you would get a core credit towards something that would work for you.
What is the going rate for a restall, new clutch, and possibly replace the sprag element? Have a revmax 245mm unit that's rated at 3400 but I want something straight up for 1/8th mile drag racing. Shifts at 6200-6400rpm.

What is the going rate for a restall, new clutch, and possibly replace the sprag element? Have a revmax 245mm unit that's rated at 3400 but I want something straight up for 1/8th mile drag racing. Shifts at 6200-6400rpm.

Billet backing plate?

Are you wanting your's looser or tighter?

Without knowing the pump and stator combo they are using and how much adjustment is needed $150-$250 should cover it.

Billet backing plate?

Are you wanting your's looser or tighter?

Without knowing the pump and stator combo they are using and how much adjustment is needed $150-$250 should cover it.
Loose. Not the billet version, just the standard single disc carbon fiber clutch that fits in the 245mm core. When I'm ready who should I contact, you or ptc?