Will TTA Heads Bolt To A Stock GN Block?

SPower6

Will our TTA heads bolt to a stock GN block with"out" any problems? My thinking is the block on the TTA is the same as the GN, but want to make sure??
TIA
Jeff

Yes they will, the TTA got different heads so that the motor would fit between the strut towers of the F-body. Though I must warn you this will raise your compression. The TTA got specific pistons for this reason.

Originally posted by Kyle F
Though I must warn you this will raise your compression. The TTA got specific pistons for this reason.

Only thing this will do is make the motor a little more responsive and mandate that you run less boost on pump gas to make the same power. Instead of making the power with boost, you'll make it with CR. I'm about to do the opposite by putting TR heads on a TTA shortblock.

The company I had it hosted with went out of bussiness. I'm going through a bunch of legal stuff right now to get the rights to my domain name from the dead company. My page can be reached at http://hi-psi.netfirms.com for now. Everything is there except for the videos. Not enough space to host them. I should have it back up with some new videos in about a month or two.

Ah Ah Ah .. You didn't say the majic word

We installed two different GN motors into two different 82-92 F-Bodys. The GN Motors will fit the strut towers they will probably not fit with the A/C unit. That may be the determing factor why the factory decided to put the smalled heads on~Scott

Re: Ah Ah Ah .. You didn't say the majic word

Originally posted by UR50SLO
We installed two different GN motors into two different 82-92 F-Bodys. The GN Motors will fit the strut towers they will probably not fit with the A/C unit. That may be the determing factor why the factory decided to put the smalled heads on~Scott

Yes, you are correct about the A/C and the tight fit. I just want to bolt my TTA heds to a GN block which will work. Thanks for all the replies!
Regards,
Jeff

Originally posted by Grumpy
ohhh ok....I was dazed an confused :)

Reminds me of a Zeplin Song :) Looking forward to next years Nats so you can show me around BG. I hear you know the city very well lol :) Have a good weekend!
Later,
Jeff