4.1 Block Going Rate

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

Been out of acquiring parts for the Turbo6 for a while but looking for a block for a new project. How much does a bare (well main caps included) 4.1 block that would clean up at 4.00in go for these days? As nice as an off center Stage block would be, I think this project can make do with a reinforced stock block.

Thanks

Howdy,

Been out of acquiring parts for the Turbo6 for a while but looking for a block for a new project. How much does a bare (well main caps included) 4.1 block that would clean up at 4.00in go for these days? As nice as an off center Stage block would be, I think this project can make do with a reinforced stock block.

Thanks
That's fine if you you think a 4.1 is good enough for your goals but the comparison to an off center stage block it is not,not even close

I'm only needing to make 320-350hp and I'd sleeve it down to 3.800 and running a 2.66in stroke odd-fire crank (Land Speed Car). The only thing a Stage block buys me is potentially more bottom end stability at rpm as I am required to run heads with the stock head bolt numbers and port order to fit in production engine classes.

What are you looking for the 4.1 in Houston?

Buy me lunch. If it’s a good block, we’re even. If it turns out that you or your machinist don’t like it, I’ll buy YOU lunch and take it back..
I don’t remember if it has main caps with it.. I’ll do some digging in the garage tomorrow..

Buy me lunch. If it’s a good block, we’re even. If it turns out that you or your machinist don’t like it, I’ll buy YOU lunch and take it back..
I don’t remember if it has main caps with it.. I’ll do some digging in the garage tomorrow..
That's a deal I can get in on, let me know about the caps and we'll figure out when I can get down to Houston to meet up.

If I still lived in C-Springs I'd be interested in that one but Houston is quite a bit closer to Central Texas.

I can confirm that the front and rear caps are in place, middle two are not. It’s a 291 block. I grabbed some terrible photos (everything has been crammed in the garage since we moved) I can send if you like.

Pictures received, definitely interested. If you find the center two caps then cool but otherwise no big deal. I'll respond on the PM to work out the details of snagging it.