Why have E85 when you can have E98!!

Smokey1226

Race Gas Guy
Im going to be kinda vague because everythings not set in stone just yet, but were very close to being one of VERY VERY few Distributors of E98.

Were located in South East Wi

If you guys are using E85 already you know the great success people have had on E98. Plus the price isnt that much higher either. He hope to be in the $4.50/range. Possibly lower for a special ther rest of the year!

Im going to be kinda vague because everythings not set in stone just yet, but were very close to being one of VERY VERY few Distributors of E98.

If you guys are using E85 already you know the great success people have had on E98. Plus the price isnt that much higher either. He hope to be in the $4.50/range. Possibly lower for a special ther rest of the year!

$4.50 range???? Per gallon????? Our E85 here is around $3.29 a gallon right now.......

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? But ya thats the area we're looking at. Possibly cheaper if a few thing happen for us.

I was basing my comment on your comment "The price isn't that much higher either". $1.21 a gallon more seems a LOT higher to me..........

I was basing my comment on your comment "The price isn't that much higher either". $1.21 a gallon more seems a LOT higher to me..........

Well, ones a 105oct (E85) and the other (E98) is in the 115-116oct range.

You wouldnt expect them to be within cents do you? Compare that to Race gas C12 and c16 are $5/gallon different. So $1.21 really isnt too bad when you think about it!

Well, ones a 105oct (E85) and the other (E98) is in the 115-116oct range.

You wouldnt expect them to be within cents do you? Compare that to Race gas C12 and c16 are $5/gallon different. So $1.21 really isnt too bad when you think about it!

Yeah, but I don't have to convert anything on my car to run race gas :smile:

Cool, I'm getting ready to put on my alky kit. How much for 5 gallons of Methanol?????

Which company? VP's meth is obviously the most expensive like $36.00 for a 5gallon Pail. Sunoco is $27.00

And if i get it from our Bulk setup its only $15.00 for 5gallons as our bulk Meth price is $3.00/gal

Bring it on , I'm in for some

E98 is 113 ( Ron of 129!!:eek: Mon of 96 ) and I know of a few guys that ditched going to E98 because they couldn't find it for their drag cars. Rocket has a premium blended E85 that's 112 so it's right on the E98 but I bet Rocket is more than $4.50 a gallon. Hey Tom look familiar??:cool:
Rocket Fuel E85 - E85Performance.net - Discussion Forum for All E85 Car Owners

Fill us in if you get it, I'll pass it on to my Import Shop connection that would build cars around it. ;)

E98 is 113 ( Ron of 129!!:eek: Mon of 96 ) and I know of a few guys that ditched going to E98 because they couldn't find it for their drag cars. Rocket has a premium blended E85 that's 112 so it's right on the E98 but I bet Rocket is more than $4.50 a gallon. Hey Tom look familiar??:cool:
Rocket Fuel E85 - E85Performance.net - Discussion Forum for All E85 Car Owners

Fill us in if you get it, I'll pass it on to my Import Shop connection that would build cars around it. ;)

The same thing that Rocket is doing is something we can do as well. Meaning they took 85 parts Ethanol and mixed the other 15 parts with some of their Race gas. piece of cake.

Someone calls me and wants a drum ordered, says I want my Drum (55gallon brand new lined Drums) filled to 50gallons and then the last 5gallons filled with C16. That is no problem as i have all VP/Sunoco Fuels on hand as well. Then you have a bullet proof fuel that has the advantages of both Leaded Race gas with the amazing advantages of Ethanol based Fuels.

Plus with the cost of it.....Lets just say a Drum of E98 Costs $240 the equivilent fuel in C16 Drum Costs $735 Big difference.

Or if you took a Drum of E98 filled to 50 gallons = $225 + 5gallons of C16 = total $300 That is still less than half of what a full drum of C16 costs! not to shabby

I read somewhere that mixing E98 and leaded race gas does not work and actually causes more detonation than the use of either E98 or the racegas by itself, as the two are not compatible, I would do a little digging before I mixed the two together to verify, but then again I could be out in left field.

Ron

I read somewhere that mixing E98 and leaded race gas does not work and actually causes more detonation than the use of either E98 or the racegas by itself, as the two are not compatible, I would do a little digging before I mixed the two together to verify, but then again I could be out in left field.

Ron

Ron- Thats just it who really knows? The fuel is so hard to find, that who really knows just yet? I do know that a few big shops in the Supra community have done it with great success. Upwords of 41psi on their built 3.4 stroker. Which is well over 1200hp.

In the case of Rockett's fuel they used one of their unleaded fuels and mixed it the same way i was explaining before. So instead of C16, i could add 5gallons of Sunoco GtPlus 104, or VP MS109, VP SB 109, ect ect. The options are endless. But the KEY to making a consistant blend of fuel it has to start with pure E98, Which we will have.

In all honestly E98 by itself is good for huge HP, as ,most of you guys know using E85 and still making huge power. This way you take out any chance for inconsistancy's because having only 2% Gas versus 15% and now your talking!

Smokey, unleaded is the key, something about the lead in leaded race gas and E98 are not compatible, on E98 being hard to find, it is probably true, but I have a good friend, well that is all I will say about getting E98. I have some E98 in a gatorade jug that I show and tell to my customers in my waiting room when the subject of Ethanol comes up. FWIW!

Ron

Smokey, unleaded is the key, something about the lead in leaded race gas and E98 are not compatible, on E98 being hard to find, it is probably true, but I have a good friend, well that is all I will say about getting E98. I have some E98 in a gatorade jug that I show and tell to my customers in my waiting room when the subject of Ethanol comes up. FWIW!

Ron

lol excellent! I appreciate your help Ron on the knowledge. I knew others were talking about mixing leaded with Ethanol was a bad idea. But i wasnt 100% sure as like i said others have had good success. But im taking your word for it and just tell my customers to run it straight or mix some unleaded Race gas if the want.

Ron

The basic theroy is this. TEL has no effect on an alcohol based fuel's octane. But when you mix the two you are diluting the TEL available for the race gas, thus lowering its TEL rating, knock supression qualities etc...

Who in the hell would mix anything with E98:confused: