Who's going to have this years MIDWEST MEET????

Busse Woods

Busse Woods has parking for 1000's of cars but we would need to determine how many cars and people are expected.

Do we vote to pick a Saturday in July????? Plus lets nail down a location whether it Busse Woods or wherever. These places book up quik.

Bob, yes it's right off the expressway at Higgins off 290 and bring change for our lovely tollway system .

I think Busse woods would be great. They have parking right along that little lake/pond whatever you wanna call it. Would make for a badass photo.

Great photo shoot!

I agree Busse Woods has great scenery for some slick pictures.

That's where I go when I want good backgrounds for car pics.

Just passing info along,
Lake county's fee's are less. We paid 60 to reserve a shelter at halfday for 30 people. Anything in cook, mchenry was atleast double when I called. The ranger even let us get away with a little display of power ;)

How many cars and people can we expect?????

I called Cook County to get info on reserving grove locations in Busse Woods and I need to know an approximate number of cars and people that will attend.

There are different levels (costs) based on number of people.

Please advise what kind of turnout we've had in years past so I can contact the county and let everyone know potential costs and dates.

I called Cook County to get info on reserving grove locations in Busse Woods and I need to know an approximate number of cars and people that will attend.

There are different levels (costs) based on number of people.

Please advise what kind of turnout we've had in years past so I can contact the county and let everyone know potential costs and dates.

Well last year in Iowa we had 22 cars at one time I believe, so that times 2= 44 people. Some cars had three people in it. I am thinking this year the way people are chiming in, it may double or triple.

What is the break down 1-50people 50-100people 100-150people?

I may say 50+ cars and 100+ people, It all depends when they all decide to show and leave.

Prasad

Prasad, thanks for the info. I will make calls on Monday since the person I need to talk w/ for special events at the Forest preserve office was out today.

The person I spoke with didn't know too much but said for 50 plus cars and 150 or so people it would be a special event but I'll get the details on Monday.

July dates

I'll ask about July 14, 21 and 28 when I call Busse Woods.

If others want to check on other locations let us know what you find out.

This year looks like it will be huge.

Might be a good marketing oportunity for the vendors. Sounds like a meeting of the minds (or people involved in the planning) might be in order. I suggest Hooters or Allstars for the meeting to discuss the meeting! Whos gonna do the t shirts this year?

available to do a T-shirt

The July dates sound Ok with me. And as of now, I can work on a T-shirt, if most people would want one again this year. If there had been enough people signed up to sell 48 last year (instead of 24), that would have brought the price down about $1.50 or more... If someone else would prefer to do them that is OK with me, but I can do them again. I might even be able to do a black car on it this time....

I can't work on it at Hooters though. I spilled enough beer while working on last years at home where the distractions are ...lets say somewhat less obvious and the beverage prices are much better. ;)

pic of the T-shirt

from August 2006.

Anybody have any feedback on quality/design?

Attachments

• FinalQuadCitiesT.jpg
    FinalQuadCitiesT.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 97
Hey Congrads On The Good News. I Have 2 Lil Ones Myself And It A Privlage To Receive Such A Great Gift Good Luck To You . Off The Subject
We Are All (our Crew) On The Southside Of Chicago We Have A Small Army Of Turbo Buicks And Hybrid Turbo V6 Cars. This Sounds Like A Great To Reason For All Of Us Buick Guys To Get Together . Post The Date And Location Asap And Ill Inform All The Guys On My End To Support The Event.personally I Like The Hang Out (cruise Night)idea Better .maybe Like Dukes In Bridgeview Il Or Straites Up North,and Stake And Shake In Tinley Park .il.my 2 Cents And Just Some Ideas .thanks Ps Whats Up Parsad ?thanks For All Your Help Bro

Part of the Small Army checking in. :biggrin: