Who's going to have this years MIDWEST MEET????

jdpolzin

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to let everyone know that i wont be able to have the meet this year. Ashley just told me this morning that I'm gonna be a daddy in August. I know it's a lot to ask but if someone else could please hold it this year, that would be awesome! I just wont have the ability to, I have a LOT of work ahead of me for the next 8 months. Thanks guys! -----Jeremy

First Congratulations.

I hope the baby is healthy and beautiful which would mean he or she looks like his or her mother ;). Secondly, I hope someone steps up to the plate on this, I had a great time last year, and enjoyed traveling with all those cars, since I dont do it too much. Ill be crossing my fingers.

Hosting Midwest meet

Congrats on the baby. I have a 3yr old and a 5 month old.

I'm game for hosting the meet but then again I don't know what's involved. PM me or post what is typical for the gathering.

I live in Schaumburg which is a NW burb of Chicago.

Phil

Maybe a meet in Chicago?

We might be able to get even more than last year if we try to do it in Chicago. Who knows maybe the Michigan and Indiana guys will come down. I can just see it now 40-50 Turbo Regals rolling down Lake Shore Drive, then right into downtown Chicago thru Rush Street at night. Man the drunk half dressed women would jump in the cars at the redlights:D . I may have to leave the wife at home this year! If we do it in Chicago I will make sure that nobody gets ticketed by my brothers in blue.

Thank You Guys!!

I'm definately nervous becuase this is my first but man I soooooo excited! I cant wait to be a dad. I wish I would have done it the right way but I guess god finally told me it's time to grow up.:eek: MAN I CANT WAIT THOUGH!!! She just told me this morning and at first I was shocked but I will be so proud! They will definately have some turbobuick gear!! I hope I can find some turbo six baby clothes!!
Hosting the meet isnt too hard to do. Just basically buy all the food and beverages and figure out how many people are coming and divide up the expense. Getting with a local car club and organizing to meet them at a show is really cool. It's so neat to see all of those cars pull in!! Check the post for last years meet and see what you think!! I'm sorry to put this on other people to organize because you guys are very special to me and I am always soooooooo proud to have all you show up. It is dfiantely a dream come true for me. I just have a lot of changes in my life to prepare for and a pregnant girl to deal with!!!:eek: Thank you guys!! You are truely my second family! Actually you guys all know before her parents do so thats says something!!!;) ------Jeremy

I checked past posts and I'm game for hosting the event.

I live two seconds from Busse Woods which would be a great gatehring place. Then hop on the Kennedy (two seconds from my house and Busse Woods) & make the 1/2 hr drive (w/ no traffic) downtown.

There are dozens of hotels in my area plus Woodfiels is a mile from the house so the ladies would have something to do...

Cool, I'm open for just about anythying! I'll still be there but it would have to be probably June - ish for met to make but whatever works best. I dont want to hold up anyone elses plans just becuase I'm having a baby!!!!

Hell yes, I was going to suggest doing it in Chicago, but I see others have already brought it up. Cruising around with a bunch of Buicks would be so cool.

Count Justin and I in wherever it is, but Chitown would be sweet and a hell of a lot closer for us. Congrats on the baby Jeremy and good luck.

Thanks Man!!!! Yeah it would probably work out best in Chicago if someone from that area wants to step up to the plate! Sorry I cant have it this year and I really feel bad but it will just be too much for Ashley and I. I just dont want to miss out on the tradition! Just cause Ashley's pregnant doesnt mean I cant drink any beer either!!!!!!:biggrin: Damn, I'm glad I'm the guy and not the girl!!!:cool:

First of all, congratulations to you both Jeremy and Ashley, you guys will make great parents. I also admire the way you are preparing and prioritizing for the arrival of the little one.
I wish I can say that I will try to fill your shoes but I told my self that I would never do it again after doing it for about 4-5 yrs in the early 90’s. I will support anyone who wants to do it. I am also glad that there are few people that stepped forward to take charge. What I can guaranty is that I will get anywhere form 10-20 Turbo Buick to show up. Maybe even more since it’s local.

I know that when I used to do it, I had to get permits, reservations and all that good stuff a way ahead of time. The key is to post a date as early as possible, this way people can leave that particular day open.

Here, I will start the list of people that should make it. Hey, this is a row call so check in since some of you are on this board. The others, I will call up and confirm. I am pretty sure they will show up and if they don’t, I will trailer their cars out there if they are in my possession ( Do you hear me Ray, John and Nickie)

This list doesn’t include all our buddies form Wisconsin or Iowa. I am sorry in advance, I am not good with names.

1) Myself ( WickedV6)
2) Roy
3) Mike (TurboMike)
4) Ray (Tbfan)
5) Chad
6)John
7)Nickie ( CrazyRX3)
8) Jim ( Jimmys484)
9) Tommy (CTS-B)
10) Bob (Bob924)
11) Steve ( MJRWOOD) maybe two, he has two beautiful Buicks
12) Jason (postal)
13) Nick ( Fatride)
14) Denny (2GNS4ME)
15 Jimmy
16) Lloyd (Turbo3.8)
17) William
18) Gary ( Ber Rabit)
19) Derrick
20) Gary
21) Dan
22)Dave
23) Eric
24) Mark
25)Paul

Prasad :D

could do a day at the track like at Byron?

Could also look into Joliet or DA GROVE.

Joliet is nice (i used to live 10 mintues from there), but it is $15 just to get in and watch now, $40 if you want to race. I would think Byron would be nice as it is somewhat in the middle for Iowa/IL people.