Who would like to post pics of there tow vehicle?

My latest tow vehicle after retiring my '92 1500 GMC burb with 170K on it.
geargrinder427-albums-truck-pics-picture1975-a.jpg

geargrinder427-albums-truck-pics-picture1974-a.jpg

Just curious..what else do you use this truck for?

Tow Vehicle

What else do I use this vehicle for ? Nothing else really, it stays in the pole barn most of the time. I am hoping to get 20yrs out of it, hate to buy another one anytime soon....:rolleyes: For anyone interested, the color is Doe Skin Tan and is a fleet order color. That is the #1 question I get from folks when I'm out with it.

geargrinder427-albums-truck-pics-picture1976-brush-guard-bumper-deer-flatener.jpg

My currant tow vehicle; original paint and carpeting. Dent over tool box thanks to unknown idiot at a HD w/lumber cart. 428 ci. currantly ~170k miles

Idyllwild%202009%20010%20rud.jpg

What it towed 25ft 350 vette named "Plastic money"

boat9.jpg

It gets the job done. This was just a short trip to see how it would pull it. Air bags are on the list.;)

Attachments

• towing.jpg
    towing.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 259
My currant tow vehicle; original paint and carpeting. Dent over tool box thanks to unknown idiot at a HD w/lumber cart. 428 ci. currantly ~170k miles

Idyllwild%202009%20010%20rud.jpg

What it towed 25ft 350 vette named "Plastic money"

now that is an awesome truck

i want one with the extended cab and long bed

Mine is Company-provided. I couldn't fit the GN on this trailer, but you get the idea. 5.4 2-V 4WD, currently at 108K miles.
img0085tt.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

now that is an awesome truck

i want one with the extended cab and long bed

Thanks

I think the extended cabs were not available until 74 or 75 and will not fit in most garages. There is a lot of room behind the seat as in 73 the fuel tanks were moved to under the truck between the frame and drive shaft. Mine holds 43 gals.
When going boating at Lake Mead we would stop to fill the boats and trucks at Henderson. The trucks would take ~35 gals and the boat held 70 gals, melting the CC.

Thanks

I think the extended cabs were not available until 74 or 75 and will not fit in most garages. There is a lot of room behind the seat as in 73 the fuel tanks were moved to under the truck between the frame and drive shaft. Mine holds 43 gals.
When going boating at Lake Mead we would stop to fill the boats and trucks at Henderson. The trucks would take ~35 gals and the boat held 70 gals, melting the CC.

if you see one please send me a pm

Is it possible to tow with a V6 4x4 Ranger 2000 and up safely? Also, how the hell do you get outta the car when it is on the trailer and the door hits the trailer wheel wells???

I remember in the '70s lots of people used full sized station wagons to tow.:smile:

Now that is just plain funny!! I know a ranger CAN do it.....jut wanna know bout can it do it SAFELY!!!!

Plus the wheel well thing......really wanna know that!!

Thought bout starting a new thread but figured this one already has the people towing looking, questions are in line with the topic, and there are already so many new threads everyday!! Lol!!

I have seen trailers where the left fender was removable allowing more room to get into the car.
Enclosed trailers are a PITA.

Safely all depends on the weight of the trailer and load on the trailer. My boat and trailer were about 6000lbs. Just about the limit for my F250 camper special.

I towed a 89 firebird on a uhaul car trailer from NM to So Cal with my 1-ton van no issues. And I think the trailer weighed more than the car.

A guy in POCI was hauling his GTO on a trailer with his mid 50s Ford pickup and got blown off the hwy near barstow. Antique ins covered everything.