Who would like to post pics of there tow vehicle?

Here's a picture of my Tow Rig! It's an 03 2500HD 6.0L 4l80E trans, 6" Super Lift, 20" American Racing Rims, 35" Pro Comp, Stainless Magnaflow exhaust, Stainless DeeZee running boards, and a whopping 10mpg's!!!!!

It's my daily driver and I love it. I plan to convert it to diesel one of these days when I'm able to get it off daily driver duty.

Attachments

• 0720101931.jpg
    0720101931.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 421
Here's a picture of my Tow Rig! It's an 03 2500HD 6.0L 4l80E trans, 6" Super Lift, 20" American Racing Rims, 35" Pro Comp, Stainless Magnaflow exhaust, Stainless DeeZee running boards, and a whopping 10mpg's!!!!!

It's my daily driver and I love it. I plan to convert it to diesel one of these days when I'm able to get it off daily driver duty.

Thats alot of truck....for the regal :eek:

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2

I haven't really done much to it except for the typical stuff like Rhino Liner, Tool Box, Bed Rail Caps, Bug Deflector, Rain Deflectors, Tint, DVD Players, Brake Controller, Hypertech Programmer, etc...

However, there is one thing that I did do to it cosmetically that I really think makes it pop, it's not a big change but when you see it compared against an identical make/model most people think it sets it off and should have been factory.

The trailer is a 28' Classic Dominator RT. We were picking up a friend's T-Type.

DSC00302%20%28Small%29.JPG

Front%20%28Small%29.JPG

Rear%20%28Small%29.JPG

I haven't needed to pull much lately, since taking the bikes down to Daytona in the spring. But when I do, I just turn off the Redline box and run on the Smarty only... :biggrin:

K.

Attachments

• Cummins%20002.jpg
    Cummins%20002.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Dodge Cummins 001.jpg
    Dodge Cummins 001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 286

I haven't really done much to it except for the typical stuff like Rhino Liner, Tool Box, Bed Rail Caps, Bug Deflector, Rain Deflectors, Tint, DVD Players, Brake Controller, Hypertech Programmer, etc...

However, there is one thing that I did do to it cosmetically that I really think makes it pop, it's not a big change but when you see it compared against an identical make/model most people think it sets it off and should have been factory.

Front%20%28Small%29.JPG

Painted the fender flairs and door handles body color?

The trailer is a 28' Classic Dominator RT. We were picking up a friend's T-Type.

DSC00302%20%28Small%29.JPG

Front%20%28Small%29.JPG

Rear%20%28Small%29.JPG

NICE rig!! I'm no longer a GM nut(see my post #6), but looking good all the same.

I REALLY regret getting rid of my Classic Dominator :mad:

Attachments

• Trailer7.JPG
    Trailer7.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 283
Painted the fender flairs and door handles body color?

The flares came painted from the factory. But I did purchase the 4 door handles from GM that were already color matched, but I had to order a tailgate handle in white and have it painted to match. I'd really like to figure out something to do about that black trim that goes across the front just beneath the grill and right above the bumper.

The flares came painted from the factory. But I did purchase the 4 door handles from GM that were already color matched, but I had to order a tailgate handle in white and have it painted to match. I'd really like to figure out something to do about that black trim that goes across the front just beneath the grill and right above the bumper.

It looks good! I am kinda surprised you didn't paint the mirrors also.

Paint that strip body color or remove it and move the bumper up.

Mine at BPG Hampton on Wed when we got there. 04 Yukon Denali. Towed great with the factory tow package.

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 278
Here is my truck. I have owned it since new and no problems so far with a little over 100k on it. I have Weld's on it now for the summer, but no new pics with them.

Attachments

• 03silverado6a.JPG
    03silverado6a.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 265
It looks good! I am kinda surprised you didn't paint the mirrors also.

Paint that strip body color or remove it and move the bumper up.

Thanks, can that kind of trim be painted? About the only thing I can find for mirrors are caps...but I either want all or nothing. The black mirrors kind of flow with the lines of the window trim and the bed rail caps though.

Thanks, can that kind of trim be painted? About the only thing I can find for mirrors are caps...but I either want all or nothing. The black mirrors kind of flow with the lines of the window trim and the bed rail caps though.

It's been done, or you can have your paint and body guy do them. He'll sand them down a bit so the paint will stick and they should come out fairly smooth, if he uses a high build type primer to fill in the low areas.A couple coats of clear with a flex agent and you should be good......from what I have read and seen that is.

I am thinking about that bumper trick myself.

This is my old truck goes back on the lease in 2 weeks new one is in the driveway need to get pics of it.

Attachments

• 2008 ford 018.jpg
    2008 ford 018.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 238
Very nice, yet it looks strikingly similiar.....

...to my tow vehicle/daily driver :D

Here's a camera phone pic from the day I brought my GN home:

You stole my truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

does you truck have the all-alum 5.3l with electric fans? i have only seen just a handful of them.