Who would like to post pics of there tow vehicle?

01' GMC 2500, 6'' susp. with 35"

Attachments

• 14739_1170080013932_1285928852_30426670_3168869_n.jpg
    14739_1170080013932_1285928852_30426670_3168869_n.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 171
I'll be talking to a 'truck guy' and when I pose this question, they *rarely* come up with the answer.

My tow rig is a twin turbo, twin intercooler, V10 from the factory, what is it?

They'll guess Duramax, Cummins, V10 Dodge (neglecting the whole twin turbo clue) all kinds of weird answers:D

Anyone want to take a stab before I post the pics?:cool:

Alan

I'll be talking to a 'truck guy' and when I pose this question, they *rarely* come up with the answer.

My tow rig is a twin turbo, twin intercooler, V10 from the factory, what is it?

They'll guess Duramax, Cummins, V10 Dodge (neglecting the whole twin turbo clue) all kinds of weird answers:D

Anyone want to take a stab before I post the pics?:cool:

Alan

Hitler had something to do with it ;)

Close enough Baad:cool:

Yeah, it's a VW but before I put the flamesuit on, It:

Came stock with 553Ftlbs of torque, chipped now close to 700
Runs a 14:80 1/4
Rated at 8500 lbs towing
Full time AWD, electronic locking front/rear or side/side diffs
Air suspension, flip a switch and it goes up 9"

It's the most capable all around vehical I've ever owned:smile:

Alan

Attachments

• Treg meet Santiago Side chute.jpg
    Treg meet Santiago Side chute.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 180
  • santiago furlow 4.jpg
    santiago furlow 4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 199
You stole my truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

does you truck have the all-alum 5.3l with electric fans? i have only seen just a handful of them.

Yes, I have the 5.3l "B" engine. More than enough power for a 1/2 ton, pulls great even with the 3.42 gears. I've had a slew of Chevy trucks, all of which have been great, but this one here is by far my favorite out of all of them. I went with dk blue for a color because I don't see a lot of it in my area, and when its clean it is SEXY!!!

Close enough Baad:cool:

Yeah, it's a VW but before I put the flamesuit on, It:

Came stock with 553Ftlbs of torque, chipped now close to 700
Runs a 14:80 1/4
Rated at 8500 lbs towing
Full time AWD, electronic locking front/rear or side/side diffs
Air suspension, flip a switch and it goes up 9"

It's the most capable all around vehical I've ever owned:smile:

Alan

Those are bad azz, for me its better than the porsche cayanne turbo 700ft lbs :eek:

"upgraded" to an E250. It has the 5.4, and was "twice converted" - a true multi-purpose vehicle :rolleyes:
It is a 2003 model, had 17K miles on it when we got it in April (22K now).

I don't have a big enough trailer for the other cars, but it would for sure haul 'em.

08 TBSS AWD. Great family haulster/grocery getter/tow rig that still has some balls. First pic is when I picked it up, its lowered now with some other mode. Second pic is of it in action.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121015_124530.png
    ForumRunner_20121015_124530.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20121015_124603.png
    ForumRunner_20121015_124603.png
    610.5 KB · Views: 89
Here's what i tow with but I also tow a 35' horse trailer.

Weird, did not imbed the pic.

Mikey

Attachments

• DSC_1123.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 118
How do you like that ecoboost truck??? I want one!! ;)

100% better than my old f150 crew cab nice smooth drive and back seat has a lot of room. The 2012 has a few options I wish mine did, like locking the rear end in 2wd. mine can only do it in 4x4. I like having the FX4 package over the xlt. wanted the center console with 110volt in it for the kid only thing I didn't get is the Nav. system. but still have back up camera in the rear view mirror. Only have it for a little bit over a year and few months left. just leased it. Plus the power is nice. and Livernois motorsports can get a lot of power out of it if you want more

100% better than my old f150 crew cab nice smooth drive and back seat has a lot of room. The 2012 has a few options I wish mine did, like locking the rear end in 2wd. mine can only do it in 4x4. I like having the FX4 package over the xlt. wanted the center console with 110volt in it for the kid only thing I didn't get is the Nav. system. but still have back up camera in the rear view mirror. Only have it for a little bit over a year and few months left. just leased it. Plus the power is nice. and Livernois motorsports can get a lot of power out of it if you want more
Cool! I'm sure you can make tons of power with that motor! But then you need to ask yourself... "I just bought this $45k truck and do I really wanna void the warranty?"

Cool! I'm sure you can make tons of power with that motor! But then you need to ask yourself... "I just bought this $45k truck and do I really wanna void the warranty?"
Thats why mine is stock. with the ecoboost they will try and void the warranty quick if something was to happen

I had posted pics back 2 years ago when I got this, but hadn't towed with it yet at the time..so here's my "non-eco" boost power tow :) And it will accellerate from 50 to 70 without even needing to downshift while towing and doesn't feel like anything is behind it.
DSC06632.jpg

Here is my measly truck C7500 with a Cat and World Allison 6 speed trans and full air brakes....For sale by the way

Attachments

• truck and trailer 003 (Large) (2).jpg
    truck and trailer 003 (Large) (2).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 75
I had posted pics back 2 years ago when I got this, but hadn't towed with it yet at the time..so here's my "non-eco" boost power tow :) And it will accellerate from 50 to 70 without even needing to downshift while towing and doesn't feel like anything is behind it.
DSC06632.jpg

That is nice! I have an enclosed but looking at that set up now:confused: .Fuel,storage etc is eating away at my racing budget.Very nice:cool:

Kevin

Not the most expensive tow rig with a home built trailer but it sure is interesting. When something needs to be pulled that isnt too heavy the 73 IH gets used. 10 MPG with a cammed IH 345. If its heavy the 89 Diesel ford pulls it. Dont have pics of that one.

Thankfully nothing I have breaks enough and they are all street drive able so the trailer only gets used for picking up projects.

picture010-2.jpg