What did you do to your GN today?

Not today, but realized now that I have upgraded everything, the coil can't keep up at 18lbs. Need to think about addressing that issue over winter I guess. Still better than blown head gaskets or chipped ring gear. Can't complain.

That was almost me today, got 5 degrees of timing retard at 10 psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Turns out the battery was low on charge from me installing a radio last weekend, got the battery charged and back to normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Spoke too soon, was still getting knock, turns out fuel pressure wasn't rising 1:1 with boost. Took out the 7 month old accufab fpr and put in my old adjustable bosch fpr. Fuel pressure is now correct, but was still getting a little knock. I'm guessing the 93 I got from was local gas station was bad or it wasn't 93 because I filled up the tank from another gas and now not getting any knock.

Last edited:
Restored my front bumper and surrounding parts. Had it powder coated, installed all new hardware: clips, nuts, bumper studs. New rubber strip, parking lenses, lower air dams, bumper fillers (spoolfool).

For those that haven't replaced their amber parking/turn signal lenses it's a very noticeable improvement. Attached picture shows the original on the bottom and new GM replacement on top. Lense is much more crisp and brighter. This is off a 42K mile car.

Attachments

• IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
Put 'er to bed for the winter. Up on jack stands, cotton car cover on, battery out and on a tender....and not directly on a concrete floor .

Last edited:
Blew a headgasket(s). Popped the oil cap off and sprayed oil everywhere.

7bdf8562505dac934de0d27a57049ab9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Must be the week for this kind of stuff riding on I-78 came out of boost heard a rod and main bearing knock so I guess blowing my motor is what I did smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dang Man , Got a HG and spraying Alky ? That sux
Yeah, spraying alky. I was at the top of 3rd around 124mph on 25#. The engine hesistated for a sec and pop. Not sure what happened since I've never gotten knock so I don't know if the injector died on cylinder 6. I'm going to get a powerlogger wbO2 and a 6.1 chip and 80s to keep from guessing.

Yeah, spraying alky. I was at the top of 3rd around 124mph on 25#. The engine hesistated for a sec and pop. Not sure what happened since I've never gotten knock so I don't know if the injector died on cylinder 6. I'm going to get a powerlogger wbO2 and a 6.1 chip and 80s to keep from guessing.

I got ya , Your set up and mine are close to the same . I agree on the injectors , Good Luck

Went out to my detached garage to piddle around, popped the hood on my low mileage hard top and noticed the Turbo 6 was not on my hood liner anymore. Where my battery normally sit is a nice furry black nest. Sitting below the tag on top of my rear bumper fillers are hollowed out acorns. Chipmunks, and my wife thought they were cute. We have been living in the same house for 21 years. Never seen an acorn in my yard until 2 years ago and have never seen a chipmunk in my life until a month ago. (n)(n)(n) Who chipmunk proof's their car, really?

Fuel pressure gauge and alky pressure gauge will shed some light on your fuel system

Finished up my Mease SLIC IC install, fixed my half stripped battery ground post, and did some wiring.

Car is now on the tallest jackstands that I could find and the extra sticky rodent 12x12 pads surround each jackstand. Unless those chipmunks are spider monkeys they wont be getting close to that car again.

Added my bump box and button. Yes it has in xfi but got it cheap. Reason for going that way.
5c480d3cddd788897ad595589837d540.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk