What did you do to your GN today?

Here is what I have right now. I will be doing a full write up in the tech section in a week or 2. Stay tuned.View attachment 296488
I think your update is cool but have you found getting accustomed to the digital over the OE analog a hurdle? I guess such changes just take time but I take pause with the cyphering compared to a gauge.

Like I said I am just curious and your 'mad scientist' approach is refreshing, well done sir. ;)

It is much easier to read well lit digital numbers and bar graphs than needles. The stock clusters in these are horrible. I prefer digital and this is on the top of my list of ones I like from the era. It works out really well. I went on a 200 mile road trip last weekend and was all smiles because I have something accurate to read.

It is much easier to read well lit digital numbers and bar graphs than needles. The stock clusters in these are horrible. I prefer digital and this is on the top of my list of ones I like from the era. It works out really well. I went on a 200 mile road trip last weekend and was all smiles because I have something accurate to read.
I was just curious. I may also find digital easier over analog yet have never had the opportunity to fully compare the two back to back.

"Oh great another "bucket list" item...lol! :D

Your right up needs to be in the how to's section

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Stepped out into the garage and started the T-Type up and let it get up to normal temp. Was tempted to take it down the road for a short drive but it started sprinkling rain. It was 61 degrees here today in Ohio, nice for January.

Stepped out into the garage and started the T-Type up and let it get up to normal temp. Was tempted to take it down the road for a short drive but it started sprinkling rain. It was 61 degrees here today in Ohio, nice for January.
Really, you let a sprinkle keep you from driving your car! :rolleyes:

Started the install of new gns dash, its quite a job but so far so good

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 128

Took the car down the road today for my drive that i didn't get to do yesterday because of the rain sprinkles, lol. That stops me from driving the car the way i like to drive it so i leave it in the garage where it's safe and sound.

The temp. was the same as yesterday but no sprinkles to get the road damp/wet.

A short distance from my house there is a nice road about 3/4 of a mile long and straight as an arrow and smooth too. In fact it's so nice they use it to race on. (y)

I just received today in mail by USPS an new Hallman Pro RX manual boost controller to replace my old Turbonetics manual boost controller unit. I ordered it Monday 23 January.

It was a close choice between this one and the GrimmSpeed MBC. I've read good feedback about both but seems the Hallman is the more popular one with more users.

As soon as it warms up a little i'll step out into the garage and install it.

not really what i did..... but it is what i'm paying for if that counts........ she's getting closer....
IMG_4058.JPG

Over the last 3 weeks I installed Casper's engine harness, Racetronix injector harness, Julio's TPS to map harness, knock gauge, oil pan gasket (painted the pan too), oil cooler sandwich gasket, turbo drain gasket, valve cover gaskets, painted passenger valve cover, heater core, brake pads, turned rotors, painted calipers red. Tomorrow I'll put the passenger fender back on which I had to remove to get to a screw holding the inner wheel well on which I had to remove to install the engine harness. Oh I also installed a new battery because I accidentally drilled a hole in the old battery (don't ask).