Turbo Buicks In Hawaii Post Here!(2)

<--------------------
Thanks Chris, I received it last night from the Impala dude but deleted it by mistake before I could read it.:)

Carbon Fiber sheets...

anyone know where I can buy the graphite sheets to make carbon fiber parts from? Im really interested in making carbon fiber things as a side hobby, mostly for our cars. any idea where i can get them?

Meant to post this here vice main board.

Aloha,
Thanks to Chris, I just found this forum. Just thought I'ld say hi and introduce myself. My name is Derrcik, Live in Aiea, and yes, I'm in the stinking Navy (still) but oh well, what ya gonna do... :S I have an 87 GN that I've put MANY MANY thousands of $$$$ into and made a metric butt-load of mistakes on. Right now the block and crank are at Snyder's Machine Shop getting some R&R (it was due back 2 weeks ago ) I used to live in upstate NY before coming here 3 years ago and helped to found NEBRA (New England Buick Racing Assoc.). But as far as the car, I'm just HOPING for that low 10 or high 9 second pass BEFORE the fastest street car comp. in Nov. And as long as those "SO CALLED" street cars that need a parachute to stop aren't there, I think I may have a slight chance. But that's about it I guess. I am living with my ex wife (LOOONNNNGGGGGG story) and my daughters. But maybe this time I'll get her out in the garage with me and the car won't cause another divorce...

Hope to see some of you at these upcoming gatherings. I live about 1/2 mile from that park that was mentioned on Kam. by BK for the V6 racing assoc. meeting.

Aloha,
Derrick

87 GN (motor in surgery) 11.8@118mph (on radials)
stock short block (girdled), TRW forged pistons, Billet Roller Cam, GN1 Alum. Heads, Dequick front mount, Felpro DFI, 55# inj's, ATR headers, downpipe, dual exhaust, TE-72, 70mm TB, Accufab race plenum, roller rockers, Art Carr 3500 converter, Art Carr tranny w/ transbrake, staged double pumper FP, and too much other small stuff...

Posted this the wrong way first... Oooops. :)

ALOHA Welcome

Aloha Derrick,
Welcome to the Hawaii section;) :D
I'm just HOPING for that low 10 or high 9 second pass BEFORE the fastest street car comp. in Nov.
WOW:eek: I'm HOPING for you too.:D See ya soon.

Guy

Welcome Derrick

How long has your car been hung-up? The reason I ask is I work at Pearl Harbor and I have seen 3 GNs , 1 with alaska plates, 1 with scrapes on the drivers side rear and 1 from Shipyard side of PH. Are any of these yours? I think the alaska one was an '86. Anyway, welcome aboard. :D

The car has only been on the road a few days over the past 4 or 5 months now. I was on the mainland from May till mid July. I work at the FMB side of the shipyard. It's an 87 GN with a Taz sticker in the middle of the rear window. As soon as I get the block back from Snyder's (going there tomorrow to let them know I'm still alive and WAITING on them) it should only be a few days before it's back together. I have everything standing by waiting to be put back together. Then HOPEFULLY it will remain together long enough to get some tuning time with the Felpro. :) But at least I finally go tthe opportunity to clean up and do the engine compartment right with this rebuild. The car won't be on the street on the 21st for the V6 racing meeting, but I'll probably still show up in my V6 Intrepid R/T (only a 16.1 sec car with the temp plates still on the car. ;) )

Aloha,
Derrick

Derrick, Welcome to the outrageous shipping state!:( Did you ever run your car at HRP? I don't think I ever seen your car. Sounds like you put a lot of blood, sweat, & $$$$$$ in her. See you on tuesday at the park. Les

Car show!!!

I'll be there. gotta watch the booty and bikini contest. "shake that ass, but watch yo'self...shake that ass, show me what you workin' with!!":D

Car show II

howzit guys, have any of you gone to the car show? most of the cars were nice, though i wish there could have been at least one turbo buick there. Jackson and keith's GNs would have been solid contenders in what our class would be considered "alternative" in the import show. oh well. The girls there were SOLID!!!! the bikini and booty contest was the bomb too...could have been better, suppose a wet t-shirt contest or something :D. anyways...wanted to post a feedback about the show. on the scale of 1 - 10, i give it an 8.

Chris

Hmm? Not my GN, Keith is probally the best looking from all of us. Mines need a paint Job. Last year we had a booth at the car show, alot of very young "GIRLS" but too young for me. Alot of Hondas and a few Mustangs. Did you hook up with one Chris? :D

theres always next year

hopefully by then i'll know how to fabricate small things from carbon fiber, for now im making itty bitty things till i get better. then i could fab most of the parts of my out of carbon fiber. but yah, i hope next we can get more GNs and T-TYPEs out there.

HELP

howzit guys,
this weekend i worked on the car, my a/c belt was loose and i was wondering why is was so. looking more in depth into the engine, i found that the bracket that held the a/c compressor and alternator had cracked. the alternator supports looks to be in good shape but still, i wont be able to use the a/c till i find another bracket. so...does anyone know where i can find one? I'm going to try and call some salvage areas and see if they have any...any help from you guys would be sooooooooooo greatly appreciated.

Mahalo
Chris

Try e-mailing Tom Mahi, he has a bunch of TR's. I'm pretty sure some of them are just for parts.

Yes you can contact him at 1-704-882-2582 but e-mail him first, he's getting out of the TR part business because of a illness that he has. He has some parts left but his wife is helping him clearing out of what he has left over. I just sent him a check for a rewelded stock pass. header.