Turbo Buicks In Hawaii Post Here!(2)

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Just wanted to start a fresh new post, the older one was getting too long. Was nice too meet everyone last night, but sorry about the split up, but as long we had fun. And thanks to Tom for the great shoyu chicken, and also the John for the chip that fixed my month old problem. I also blew my rear main gasket and my left front brake broke or some thing allmost crashed!! And sorry to hear what happen to Geoff's car (he will explain to you guys). Maybe we should start out a GN/TR club??

Jackson,

Thanks for helping me out last night. I waited in Kapolei until around 2:30 A.M. for the tow truck to arrive. I think my transmission broke last night, but I'm not certain yet:(. I had a lot of fun though. :)

After my last run, my car would not upshift from 1st to 2nd until around 4500 rpm, and I could not get the car to upshift into 3rd.

Then after a while the car started to run very rough when in gear.

Any ideas as to the problem?
Any transmission shops in Hawaii that can rebuild the 200-4R?

Geoff

Tranny problems? Ouch! A few more 11 second passes and I think mine will need to be done as well.

How did your car run other than that Geoff? What was your best ET?

You guys may want to talk to Bruce Toelle and see if he knows anyone on Oahu that can do your tranny's. There are enough of you guys out there racing TR's that you will need a good tranny guy. That heat you guys have there is probably killer on your tranny's, I hope all of you guys have good coolers.

Later,

Clayton

Hey Clayton!

My friend that lives on Maui currently, is gathering some info on short term condos for me, in regards to your next visit.

My best ET was an UNIMPRESSIVE 14.3 @ 97, with a 2.3 60'. :(

O2's were in the mid to high 800's. 19psi boost w/0.5 KR. I ran 92 octane w/xylene, 235/60 BFG's, and the 18 degree setting on the thumbwheel chip.

I'm pretty sure that I busted my trans, but I had fun running the GN for the first time. :D

Geoff

Geoff don't forget to check out Kiyo's and ask for Wayne. They have been in business for soo long now at least 25 plus years, familly owned and operated. And no problem Geoff luckly I was close by.

Geoff,

Personally I would ship it off to Bruce funds permitting but FWIW, my first GN had a trans rebuild done by Pearl City Trans over seven years ago and was/is still currently trouble free with the current owner(Clint). After getting home last night, I realized I forgot to return your cd and had also brought a few of mine I was going to lend you - sorry about that. I will probably look into a tow-bar setup(Regal specific of course) for future troubles unless someone wants to spring for a trailer. :cool:

MUST do it again

Hey HAWAII TR GANG,
I had a GREAT time last night.:D We MUST do it again. Next time everyone one place. So when? (Jackson?) It was nice to meet the new guys/girls and put the faces with the names. (Sorry give me your names again) And 85 TRRR "Guy and Jackson were hilarious out there."?:confused: And a BIG MAHALO to KENNE-BILL for the DS loop,And to Tom Mahi for the shoyu chicken Was Ono:) And Geoff sorry to hear about your trans. I was talking to the guy(Sorry forgot your name) that Jackson got his car from. He said Hopaka trans? Did Jacksons trans might want to talk to him. Sorry again for not having a good memory with names. (too many at one time) But I'll be better with the names next time we meet.

Aloha,
Guy

Yeah, I'd like to send it to Bruce, but shipping to and from would kill me :( Not to mention if there are any problems with it I'd have to reship. Nothing set in stone yet, but I'm probably going to get it rebuilt locally. So far I have PC Trans, Kiyo's, and Hopaka Trans as options for the rebuild. OR Countrywide is selling rebuilt BRF transmissions for $750. Anyone heard of them?

Mick, I forgot about the Hendrix CD.... When I figure out the burner I'll burn some compilations. :) Looking forward to listening to some Judas Priest!!

Tom- the shoyu chicken was "ono"! Too bad I had eaten earlier, otherwise........:eek: ALL GONE!

Chris (85TRRRRRRRRR) and Ivan (Mako), nice to meet the both of you.

So what times did everyone who ran, run? Post your best ET/MPH/60' of the night, and of course, your mods.

I know that Paul (Hawaiian Turbo) got BANNED! ;)

Geoff

missed out again...

Howzit all,

Wish I could've been there that night, but my 2 year old daughter was still getting over strep. Sigh. Hopefully next time. I've already met Jackson and Guy, and I hope to meet the rest of you guys sometime in the future.
Geoff, sorry to hear about your car. I've heard some good things about Pearl City trans if you're looking for estimates. Hopefully something will present itself.
Kenne-Bill, thanks for the DS loop. Guy picked one up for me. I think that was an awesome gesture of generosity on your part. Guy says it looks awesome. (haven't seen it yet...) A very special mahalo to you for giving something cool to someone you don't even know. Hope to meet you soon.
Jackson, did you get my private message? Hope to hear from you soon.
Tom, sorry I missed you that night. Remember me? We were talking a few times about paint and other stuff. Hope to talk to you soon, too.
Glad to hear that everyone had a good time. A club sounds like a good idea. I believe that there's a group of guys from the GN/TType mailing list who are doing the same thing on Oahu. Merger, maybe?

Steve

:) Nice to meet all of you this weekend. Geoff sounds like the govener spring came off not a serious problem. It has happend to me a couple of times. It happens when you get a lot of wheel spin and then hook up. I think there is somthing written about it on the Turbo Web Ring archives. Not very hard to fix. If you need help let me know. Dean:) :)

18s!!!

wierd. Friday night I hit low 16s @ 85-87mph, then Saterday the best i could muster was a 17.00@82mph and an 18..ugh..@ 80mph. The wierd part was while racing Gregs Monte Carlo SS..my 60ft times were better than his...Well, at least I didnt go home empty handed, i got a chock full of knowledge from you guys. and Thanks to Kenne-Bill for the drive shaft loop...Im no where nearing the 12 seconds barier yet...but im still going to install it.:D I was worried about geoff's ride...i seen him pull over and I kept seeing his reverse light going off. I hope we can do this again!!

Originally posted by Geoff87
Hey Clayton!

My friend that lives on Maui currently, is gathering some info on short term condos for me, in regards to your next visit.

Thanks, Geoff! Let me know when he comes up with something.

My best ET was an UNIMPRESSIVE 14.3 @ 97, with a 2.3 60'. :(

O2's were in the mid to high 800's. 19psi boost w/0.5 KR. I ran 92 octane w/xylene, 235/60 BFG's, and the 18 degree setting on the thumbwheel chip.

I'm pretty sure that I busted my trans, but I had fun running the GN for the first time. :D

Geoff

Hopefully you can get some sticky tires and be able to hookup next time, if your tranny isn't toast, that is. Hope it works out okay.

Clayton

Steve, -I was wondering why you didn't show up that night. Next time for sure, right? :)

Dean, -Thanks for the info, and for the help offer. I actually had the spring out earlier that day to replace the speedo gear and plastic clip. I hope that the spring is indeed the problem, and not anything more serious. Is there anyway to secure it (spring) better in the governor assembly?

Clayton, -I'll e-mail you with the info, as soon as she gives it to me. :D

Geoff

I had a great time. Was nice meeting you all.
My best ET 12.119 @ 115.15 mph 1.862 60ft.
Jackson let me know when you plan another outing.

Keith

Originally posted by TurboV6
Here's mines best ET's 13.1@108mph 2.25 60ft on street tires.;)

Wassup Guys,
I had fun on saturday even though my turbo bushing went bad:( I guess I need to send it in to PT&E for a rebuild. Has anyone rebuilt their turbo yet? Wow! Jackson, that's at least a mid 12's with drag tires. Are you sure you blew your rear main seal? I heard of some oil blowing out of it when racing and back to normal when cruising. (blow-by) Geoff, Where in Kapolei were you? I drove home through there about 1:30, sorry if I missed you, I would have stopped. On Sat. at the track, some guy named Ed from the Mustang club asked if we wanted to have a Buick- Mustang shoot out, what do you guys think? He said If we would agree, he would set it up for the begining of next year. He said most of the Stangs are in the 13 to 11 second range.

I would'nt mind challenging those mustangs. And i'm for shure I blew it, it allready had a slow leak (oil building in the fly wheel cover) I think 25-26lbs off boost did it.

Geoff, I installed a small teflon (like plastic) screw in the hole of the counter weight were the spring is. This will keep spring in place. I used a tap and loctite to install. Use the smallest and shortest screw, since this will affect shift points. You might want to weigh the weight first then grind off some metal after installing the screw to keep shift points the same, other wise trans might shift to early.

Hmmm...... 11's to 13's.... Guess I'm out. :) It would be fun to watch the rest of you run with the Mustangs. (we sure have some quick ones here!)

Dean, -Thanks for the info. I'm sure that i'll have more questions for you, when I get a chance to work on it. I still need the car to be re-towed to Kaimuki, where i can work on it. :(

Geoff

WAZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

:p just bored at work here, what you guys doing? question...would you consider light beer...diet beer? just wondering...i have too much time on my hands right now. see you guys laters....