TSO rules for 2011

Not so sure it is a shrinking class, I can't be the only person building a car for this class, how many others are "under construction" out there ?

Not so sure it is a shrinking class, I can't be the only person building a car for this class, how many others are "under construction" out there ?

I'm building one as we speak. Bobby at RPE is building the motor:biggrin:

Car is being put on a diet while it's being built:cool:

George

I've been racing with Bill Anderson the last two years . :rolleyes:

I plan to be at the first race with a fresh motor from RPE . :biggrin:

No black Friday sale, mine will start life as Hartline powered Stg II, with an old 88, until it goes poof then it will be built in house at Nelson Comp/DAMN Racing;)

Does anyone have the number to RPE? I have been hearing he builds the most reliable stage 2 motors.

Does anyone have the number to RPE? I have been hearing he builds the most reliable stage 2 motors.

Dail 411...

You are only asking to start crap... Great builder but not a vendor, I think you know that so:mad:

Richie, I don't know you never met you, so what is your point here with the insults?? What are you really saying??

Here is a pic of the REAL OFFICIAL TSO MPH RECORD holder and OFFICIAL PRODUCTION Head Holders ride :eek:

Guess whos in the background ? nice to met you :rolleyes:

Attachments

• rey pic.jpg
    rey pic.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 757
Here is a pic of the REAL OFFICIAL TSO MPH RECORD holder and OFFICIAL PRODUCTION Head Holders ride :eek:

Guess whos in the background ? nice to met you :rolleyes:

8.15 doesn't beat 8.10 last time I checked. He has the MPH record without question. When you spend tens of thousands and countless you deserve your day. Don has a bad azz ride, never said he hasn't, now he has to get back out there and knock down my E.T. and Tony and Daves then he can get both ends of the record. Not sure what's keeping you guys from getting back out and getting it done.

Hows your car running these days??

How about the rule about the turbo being forward of the core support?

I don't want to speak for Chris Hogeland but his turbo will be mounted in the grill, forward of the core support. We looked at everything to do this while keeping a radiator for street driving. If the TSO racers don't want him to compete, that's just how it will have to be.

Turbo will be in the grill and PT 2000 cooler will be in the back seat.

Thanks Dusty. I will call him tomorrow to see what his commitment level is and then go from there if he is the only one like this.

Cal,

couple of things, First I'm not familiar with all of the turbo measurements. Do the numbers that are stated for the Turbos include the GT 55 ?

secondly, what's the definition of a stock appearing dash. Gene Fluery has a "stock appearing" fibreglass dash. Would a fibreglass dash meet the TSO rules ?

Thirdly, Are there only 2 weight classifications - 3200# and 3250" with wet IC

What's the final ruling on the 275-60-15 tires ?

George

Thanks Dusty. I will call him tomorrow to see what his commitment level is and then go from there if he is the only one like this.

OK. He has decided to put the Stage 2 motor in the TSM car rather than cutting up his street car. He plans to run the local 275 stuff and wants to build the car the way he wants it, the only downside is the turbo placement rule.

Cal,

couple of things, First I'm not familiar with all of the turbo measurements. Do the numbers that are stated for the Turbos include the GT 55 ?

secondly, what's the definition of a stock appearing dash. Gene Fluery has a "stock appearing" fibreglass dash. Would a fibreglass dash meet the TSO rules ?

Thirdly, Are there only 2 weight classifications - 3200# and 3250" with wet IC

What's the final ruling on the 275-60-15 tires ?

George

The GT55 would now be legal for the class along with a stock appearing fiberglass dash.
All cars would have to weigh a minimum of 3250# unless they have a liquid intercooler. Liquid intercooled cars would have to weigh 3300#

The 275-60-15 tires have always been legal for EVERYONE in TSO to run. They would be REQUIRED for those wanting to run the newly allowed larger turbos.