TSO rules for 2011

The 275-60-15 tires have always been legal for EVERYONE in TSO to run. They would be REQUIRED for those wanting to run the newly allowed larger turbos.

So, to clarify, if I run the GT55, to be legal in TSO, I would need to run on
275-60-15's ? Yes?/No?

2500 miles is a long haul to be turned away. I just want to be ready:biggrin:

George

You are correct. If you choose to run the 47/88, then you can run slicks or drag radials.

Downpipe removal on the turbo challenge? Turbine wheel is going to be the big difference between turbos.

Good point! I modified the rules to include downpipe removal when challenging a turbo. Thanks.

I hope you guys can work things out. Looking back over the chasm of a long separation, it appears that some good relaxations/concessions have occurred that may not seem so apparent to those who have lived this constantly (incremental change and all that). OTOH, certain features of the discourse have definitely not changed at all ;).

OK, since I have nor re-installed the dash yet, who makes the stock appearing fiberglass unit that has been discussed ?

Cal when rules are finalized can you post them in a seperate thread so I can link them from the BPG site and print copies for BPG Race Rules please...TIA

OK, since I have nor re-installed the dash yet, who makes the stock appearing fiberglass unit that has been discussed ?

>>> Mike I got mine from Jegs......called ordered it and it shipped the next day.....check out the Turbo Buick section of their catalog;)

Cal when rules are finalized can you post them in a seperate thread so I can link them from the BPG site and print copies for BPG Race Rules please...TIA

No problem. I think they are real close. I'm just waiting a few more days for everyone to have time to voice their concerns.

8.15 doesn't beat 8.10 last time I checked. He has the MPH record without question. When you spend tens of thousands and countless you deserve your day. Don has a bad azz ride, never said he hasn't, now he has to get back out there and knock down my E.T. and Tony and Daves then he can get both ends of the record. Not sure what's keeping you guys from getting back out and getting it done.

Hows your car running these days??

Just Courious, AT WHAT TSO RACE , did you run a 8.10 ,was that in quallifing or what?

thanks JD

How about the rule about the turbo being forward of the core support?

I don't want to speak for Chris Hogeland but his turbo will be mounted in the grill, forward of the core support. We looked at everything to do this while keeping a radiator for street driving. If the TSO racers don't want him to compete, that's just how it will have to be.

Turbo will be in the grill and PT 2000 cooler will be in the back seat.

I'm ok with the turbo forward of the core support.

>>> Mike I am here to help:biggrin:

In true Jersey Style, I'm starting to think the "other guys" banned you and Art for a reason :biggrin:
I just gave the tech guy at Jegs your name and all was good.
Can't wait to take ya trolling for Gators:rolleyes:

I hope you guys can work things out. Looking back over the chasm of a long separation, it appears that some good relaxations/concessions have occurred that may not seem so apparent to those who have lived this constantly (incremental change and all that). OTOH, certain features of the discourse have definitely not changed at all ;).

:biggrin: Ain't that the truth. You're one of the smart ones Art!

Seems as though the stock style head is not a disadvantage to go fast. So make the cars lighter and the same weight for any style head. 3300 to 3350 sounds good? Cars will be faster and easier on parts.

I second this rule for sure..

Since it appears everyone has had a chance to respond, I hav posted the 2011 rules here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tso-rules-regulations/338076-2011-turbo-street-outlaw-rules.html

Thanks to (almost) everyone who participated in this thread. Hopefully, your participation here is a reflection of your participation on race day. I am now going to focus on the logistics and most importantly, getting some $$$ for the class.
Sean: Please see to it that these rules get linked or posted over to the BPG sight. Also, give me a call when you get a chance, I want to discuss some BPG-TSO plans I have with you.
Shane: I also need to chat with you about tb.com nats and TSO

Hey Cal, just want to say thanks for all of the time you've spent on this for "US". It's pretty much a thankless job. It's always hard to get more than two people to agree on anything which always puts you in a position to be critisized. You just can't please everyone. Now we have a concrete set of rules to go by, so all anyone has to do now is to just make a choice, Am I IN or am I OUT. Just that simple. Good job !:cool:

George