This is my first GN and first project car.

Ticking could be several things so I would just do the minimum to get it started and then diagnose the tick. Then go from there.

Ticking could be several things so I would just do the minimum to get it started and then diagnose the tick. Then go from there.
So far I replaced the fuel pump with hot wire kit, scan master installed, almost finished with the spring tune up. Now i need to work on the vacuum hoses(they are all cracked), replace the chip and injectors, battery ( it is 18 years old) and powerlogger. This list might get bigger as I work under the hood and take a little bit to save money to buy for parts>

I am limited to a tight budget of only 50-100 per month to spend......so it has been a slow project buying parts......... damn i need to win the lotto.

I have been leaning towards the RJC down pipe. RJC lives just 30 min from my house. I could just go pick it up?

Jason Cramer is the RJC guy with his Dad too. They will be a wealth of information for you. They are good people. I recommend trying to pay them a visit asap.

Welcome btw. My car sat a long time too before I got it. You're doing it right and taking your time. What's a few more months of sitting right? I recommend using it a lot at first as other things will pop up, but you'll be ready. And anything that seems odd, just ask!

Welcome to the dark side.

Very cool story.
Take your time. Be sure and pull the cam sensor and prime the oil before you try to start it. Be sure and use a zinc additive with the oil. Keep us in the loop and let us know when the sleeping giant awakes.;)

Welcome to the site. Let know what you need and happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Well, did the spring cleaning tune up along with replacing the fuel pump and Hotwire kit. I woke the beast up and it was not happy. It ran like I just feed it shit for breakfast!!! It would not idle or stay running. After I started it a couple of times I gave it more gas to keep it running but it ran slow like it was being feed water instead of gas.

I guess I need some more stuff, like a fuel pressure gauge,data logger to get help on trouble shooting this. Maybe new injectors and chip since they are both the original parts that came with the car . The scan master i installed will not be much help at this point.

When it ran did it have that "tick"? Have you pulled the valve covers to check the rockers?

When it ran did it have that "tick"? Have you pulled the valve covers to check the rockers?
When it did run , my friend said it did have that tick. I noticed yesterday the big crack in the driver side header ....I am very sure that was the noise he was hearing as well as what I heard when I started it. I am sure I was losing boost , but it ran way worse than just that problem from the exhaust header leak.

The crack in the header can wait then.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The crack in the header can wait then.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Damn, it does not get any quieter after warming up. Still pretty loud slapping metal sound when idling, blip the throttle, or when it is coming down to an idle, but sounds smooth when the throttle is constant or higher revs. I will post a you tube video in a few minutes after i set up an account.

Lose shield, maybe TC bolts. Doesn't sound like it's in the engine at least. External to motor is always better but that's no exhaust leak.