This is my first GN and first project car.

It has 15+ year old tires on it that are cracked like crazy, so I was afraid to take it off the jacks and around the block, but after I open the tranny and diagnosis the problem if it is just a few lose bolts......I just might take that spin after that!

You don't have to ooen the transmission to get at the tc bolts. Just the dust cover. Its black and has 4 10mm? Bolts holding it on. Might be 7/16, I forget.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You don't have to ooen the transmission to get at the tc bolts. Just the dust cover. Its black and has 4 10mm? Bolts holding it on. Might be 7/16, I forget.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Thank you, I have to look at this next and see if can figure it out.....I hope!

Just remove the cover and figure out a way to rotate the motor. I use a wrench that grips the flywheel to turn it over and just check each one.
welll good news and bad news...... I found out what was wrong. 2 out of 3 botls were missing on the TC. What size, thread and lenght are the bolts for the stock converter?

pull out the one that you do have and take it to where you score your fasteners, they can figure it out and get you fixed up.

I believe the stock ones are 10mm. Don't forget to get high strength ones.

It turned over by by hand, just a little force and installed the new bolts with vibra-tite. It is now free from sounds, but need to take it for a drive to make sure. I am worried that it will be out of balance. I am not sure how long my friend drove around like that? Now I am moving on to the next issue, the brakes. They do not work. It seems like they are not getting any power hydrologic assistance from the power master?

It turned over by by hand, just a little force and installed the new bolts with vibra-tite. It is now free from sounds, but need to take it for a drive to make sure. I am worried that it will be out of balance. I am not sure how long my friend drove around like that? Now I am moving on to the next issue, the brakes. They do not work. It seems like they are not getting any power hydrologic assistance from the power master?

Powermaster brake systems require their own service manual. If it doesn't work, I'd ditch it, but others will chime in and help you diagnose it.

Go the brakes part of the forum. There are a few stickies on the Powermaster. Zeus87gn has many threads on how they work and symptoms and solutions. Search him.

3 choices on brakes: stick with the PM, change to vacuum, or do the HydroBoost conversion. Like Pronto said above, much info here about how to do it, costs, etc...

I am not sure , but it sounds like it is common for these to become loose. The guy ( one of my best friends and original owner ) said after heard that loud noise for a little while he was afraid to drive it after that and put it away in his garage ( 18 or so years ) with the intentions of restoring it and having what he thought was going to be a motor rebuild done.

When I turn the ignition the powermaster will not shut off ( 45 seconds is the longest i let it go). If I pump the brakes once it will shut off after 2-3 seconds but then it blows the fuse 2 seconds later? The fluid levels are normal after the pump down 10 times. It does have the original accumulator but a new grey sensor. So according to the diagnostic chart I am supposed to replace the pump and motor? Sounds expensive........Any opinions or advise welcome as this is all new to me. I hope there is some more tests or suggestions that I can try first before replacing almost the entire unit.

Well.......I could not help but take it for a spin around the block even though the brakes are not workin unless you stand on them. It has just left some rubber on the pavement....the first time it has been started and left the garage in 20 years. It did get knock several times one time at 10 degrees both times I lifted right away. I think it could use the injectors and TT chip after I get the brakes and electrical problems delt with.

Well.......I could not help but take it for a spin around the block even though the brakes are not workin unless you stand on them. It has just left some rubber on the pavement....the first time it has been started and left the garage in 20 years. It did get knock several times one time at 10 degrees both times I lifted right away. I think it could use the injectors and TT chip after I get the brakes and electrical problems delt with.

Be careful. I know you want to drive it but 10* KR is bad.