Supra, from a Roll??

GTABurnout

Ok well first real race in the TTA. First understand that the car is in a mild street trim. 15psi, 92 on a 93 chip and an experenced Turbo driver (me). I used to street race all the time but this is the first time in a turbo car. Well My frind an I are coming home from a party in the TTA, all the while trying to find my first race. But no one would bite not even some kid in a honda with a huge wing and a shift light. Well whatever, we decide to roll home when we see a 93 RX-7 and a MKIV Supra. Well we follow them for a while. I was hoping the RX-7 would want to run but both turned in to a gated comunitity. I follow but get locked out so I turn around at the gat only to see the Supra coming out to play. Well we start from a 25 mph roll but when he down shifts and the car sit down over the rear wheels I knwe this was going to be bad. Well he punches it and instantly gets like a car on me I try but with a no boost launch froma a 25 mph roll I was dead in the water. Well at least once I was at WOT he didn't pull anymore. We did this a few more times with simular results. then as we are aproching a Red light the guy turns around :( Well I guess he didn't want to try my car from a dead dig. wWell he was cool and gave me a thumbs up and took off.
Well I guess I better learn rolling brake boosts. Cant let that happen again.

Another one of those and we will have to ask you to turn in your wastegate. :D

Get an Alky kit and Turn up the boost and that Supra will be checking your brake lights for you.

hehe yeah if you can't stand to lose to someone you have to start modding...kinda reminds me of myself...i have this mentallity that noone should beat me unless they are HEAVILY modded :) i need more modsssss.....

Supras - :rolleyes:

There was a guy here at the U of A with the license plate "1K HP", he put 800+ hp to the wheels, and his fastest time was 11.7, on that same day he put down a 12.7 pass. His excuse was that a Supra is hard to launch. Sure. Any car with 800rwhp is going to be hard to launch. Deal with it.

There is a black Supra here now, I can hear the turbo(s) from a mile away. He didn't want to play last night. Neither did the guy in the red Viper, but he probably wouldn't race anything less than a Vette.

Hey GTA Burnout

What street did you run the Supra on??

Were you at the track 2 Fridays ago ?????????

The one experience ive ever had with a mk4 supra was from a roll in a stock 2000 WS6 and he pulled us HARD from 40-ish to about 130. He had like 5-6 car lengths.

My only experience with a Supra 4 was when I was in my Alfa 164 with 144 hp :)

Well I tried, but he pulled me so easy, hehe... (He maybe not was sure that I tried to race him, haha...)

When I had my old Transam GTA 88 I got the chance to race a Mitshubitshi Evo 6 but he dont wanted to do that :(
But that race had I loose anyways.

Has not got any race in the TTA yet, if I dont count the Bmw 850 then... He got me in the start, (It was a turn exactly after the red ligth, and I has the 13 years old orginal Gatorbacks tires on the car yet)... But when we came up in speed, I took in at him.

He hade a 3-4 length in the start, but at the finish it was only 1.

Daniel

My first experince with a mkiv supra was at my home track. This guy was eaten up buicks all night. well enough chit chat about the ugly stuff. We roll up to the line. the tree flashes and i was gone. My geo squated like fat guy taking a huge dump. well anyway this guy runs like an 11 but i shut it down at the 1000 ft mark and run a 9.5 @ 187 mph.

GTA Burnout do you have any times for you car ?? i was curious as to how fast you were??

No times yet but since that race I have learned to Brake boost from a roll so I have eatens a 6 speed LS1 from a roll and a S2000 from a roll. So in a mild street trim, it's not that bad. just 15 psi. and some 93

boosting up while rolling....

OK, I tried this once or twice with no luck. Do ya just do it like brake boosting at the line? One on the brake and one on the gas? Call me dumb, but I couldn't get it to work the time or two I tried.

It works easily. My problem is that if I brake boost too much, even from a 55 mph roll with 28" drag radials on the street (dirt), I either spin the tires or haze them enough to set off the knock sensor lol

Basically you just drag the brakes enough for the RPMs to come up at the speed your going then when you let go your already in boost and the car may have already dow shifted. Just give it an nother try or two you'll get it. It is a huge advantage when racing manual cars from a roll.

Its too bad i forgot to do that when i got in a confrontation with a low 13 sec Civic ...............

cool i'd like to try this brake boosting from a roll. Should you do it in 3rd or 4th gear? or it doesn't matter what gear you are in?

well if you went from a roll if its under 100 your car will just down shift into 3rd either way then back up to 4th at hight speeds......I love the way my 4th gear pulls. It pull harder from 4 than any other gear. The rest of the gears feel empty but 4th feels like im actually going somewhere.

Originally posted by GTABurnout
No times yet but since that race I have learned to Brake boost from a roll so I have eatens a 6 speed LS1 from a roll and a S2000 from a roll. So in a mild street trim, it's not that bad. just 15 psi. and some 93
Why is it only running 15psi? In factory trim they're supposed to run 16.5. It IS and ISN'T a GN motor.

Originally posted by outofstep
All these tucson buicks. I think they need a little taste of my foreign fury. heh.

I don't have a supra, but it is an I6 turbo. :rolleyes:

Come january when I'm finaly back from the desert I know 3 grandma cars that are going down. Gotta love all this tax free money. Allready got my nice big injectors and the basketball sized turbo is on it's way.

Hope you like seeing my break lights (again), ever since I changed them out they just look sooo good.

(I'm not flamin or trollin, the three folks im talking about know who I am. I'm just playin. Well not realy, cuz they're going to swallow my terriaki fury!!!)

LMAO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: OMG !! I think someone has let all that tax free money go to his head. First thing you need to go do when you get back is go see your girl and let her take care of your problem that way you can come back to reality with the rest of us. Ill be back with my intercooler and 30 psi to toss that sushi platter on wheels in the garbage where it belongs. And with that 17 sec time slip i heard you had ill play with your head and make you think you have the advatage by running you from a roll. Only thing you will get to see is how quick my little six can pull away from you. Hey if you get behind me fast enough you just might be able to draft off of me, that way it will at least give you a chance to make your self noticed in my rearview instead of seeing you get phased out into darkness. Oh yeah chip and dave have another 87 thats almost as fast as the first one they bought so good luck trying to take them. What would you like on your tombstone???I'm already praying for you .

oh i i got a challenge the looser has to ware The big ass APC windshield sticker on the front and the back of there car for a month..... so you up for it???? ;)

All of you guys are going to have to start making reservations with me. I' going to start charging by the hour for my time :)