A REAL GRAND NATIONAL IN A MOVIE!!!!

TireFryer

The New Kid
I watched “born to race” on YouTube and there’s a REAL GRAND NATIONAL IN IT THAT MAKES REAL GRAND NATIONAL SOUNDS!!!!!! Had the classic ash tray switches, electric cutout on the test pipe, classic weld wheels that lots of guys run… and it was BRIGHT RED! He did a foot brake launch, it made real gn footbrake sounds…. I’m wondering if anyone knows whose car it is and the specs on it??? The movie was also pretty good imo. The scene starts at 1:10:44 in the link below.

That car is pretty unusual. Someone here will chime in with who owns/owned it back then.

That's about as accurate Hollyweird has ever got to a regular guy street race. I'll have to check that movie out. Maybe it's as good as The Last Road.

That's about as accurate Hollyweird has ever got to a regular guy street race. I'll have to check that movie out. Maybe it's as good as The Last Road.
I was very surprised that they kept the v6 sounds. It legit sounded like a grand National ripping down the drag strip.

I know it has been discussed on here before and IIRC, I think it was either the producer's or the director's car. What I can't believe is the guy in the movie would sell it to put money into a Subie, :eek:. OH well, the things we do for our kids. :ROFLMAO:.

I know it has been discussed on here before and IIRC, I think it was either the producer's or the director's car. What I can't believe is the guy in the movie would sell it to put money into a Subie, :eek:. OH well, the things we do for our kids. :ROFLMAO:.
That GN would have whooped the mustang lol. Oh. Love how the stick shift Mustang was beating everything and it was on a low profile street tire lol!! And the burnouts that would just make them more greasy.

Exactly. Sell the subie for high octane jet fuel for the TR.