Starting my hybrid project (UPDATES)

Track times

Myself and Otto went to the track today at Lebanon Valley raceway in NY. We cruised his car to the track. It took us about (2) hours to get there. The car was run on 93 pump gas/alky and MT drag radials. It was run off the footbrake. We drove to the track with the windows rolled up and the A/C on. Car got 20 mpg.

Car weighs in at 3705 lbs w/driver. After dropping air pressure in tires it ran a 10.86 at 127.5 mph at 23 lbs. of boost. 60 ft. was 1.85. Best 60 ft. of day was 1.54. Temp was mid 70's.

Finally got booted for running too fast with no cage and stock seat belts. It is a street car....:cool:

Put air pressure back in tires and drove back home another (2) hours with A/C on and again got 20 mpg. At highway cruise speeds the car literally sounds stock. No drone. Car is super quiet and comfortable as hell to drive in.

We drove past (3) trailered cars on the highway that raced at the track today. None of them ran faster then the transplanted 442.

Thats some good ets and mpgs. Andre and i took the IROC on a trip to brake the new 3.8 in and it was getting 19 mpg at 70 mph 3000rpm with a th 400 and 3.50 gear. I'll take 20mpg and mid 10s any time:cool:

Very nice times. Love the look of that. Wish I had the $ hanging around, I would it.

Be careful when you buy a set of Lightning Rods. If you look on the "parts wanted" page here you'll see a post describing how most everyone who has a set for sale is a thief and wants waaay more than they're worth. :rolleyes:
Internet mis-information at it's finest!

Be careful when you buy a set of Lightning Rods. If you look on the "parts wanted" page here you'll see a post describing how most everyone who has a set for sale is a thief and wants waaay more than they're worth. :rolleyes:
Internet mis-information at it's finest!
way more than they are worth? its the center piece of the hurst olds! :confused:
$500 is fair market value for them. between 83-84 there are 6501 sets out there and how ever many extras they made.

Nice car. I've always liked the H/O Cutlass. It looks like you did take a lot of flack from the Olds crew, especially that "Eightupman" (fitting name isn't it?) on not keeping the 307 in it since it's an H/O.

Mind you the 307 was a durable engine (had two of them) but didn't offer much in terms of power. And there's literally no performance parts for them. Makes me wonder where they came up with the "high output" name for them.

Nice car. I've always liked the H/O Cutlass. It looks like you did take a lot of flack from the Olds crew, especially that "Eightupman" (fitting name isn't it?) on not keeping the 307 in it since it's an H/O.

Mind you the 307 was a durable engine (had two of them) but didn't offer much in terms of power. And there's literally no performance parts for them. Makes me wonder where they came up with the "high output" name for them.
because its 40 more horse than the standard 307... in the early 80's that was a lot. I didn't give him flack cause it raised the value of mine :D

because its 40 more horse than the standard 307... in the early 80's that was a lot. I didn't give him flack cause it raised the value of mine :D

speaking of your look what was outside my house!! like those eagel GT'S
IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

That's stock values.....you should educate him on how the little turbo 6 is capable of making power you never thought a little V6 could do. Also mention to him there's really no performance parts for a 307 Olds, that's why most usually chuck them in favor of 350's and 455's and on occasion, the 403.

That's stock values.....you should educate him on how the little turbo 6 is capable of making power you never thought a little V6 could do. Also mention to him there's really no performance parts for a 307 Olds, that's why most usually chuck them in favor of 350's and 455's and on occasion, the 403.
come on, its 2008 the little turbo 6 is no big secret anymore. the majority of people in the market for a H/O want stock. they dont really care if its slow. its about the oldsmobile heratige. i would say most with a H/O do not chuck them in favor of anything.