Starting my hybrid project (UPDATES)

Otto J

I bought an 84 Hurst Olds with 54K on it,Real nice car.
I am transplanting a 86 low mile motor I bought in it.
Merritt Performance is finishing the heads and Intake this week.
Motor is ready to be removed.
Ill keep an update thread going for those interested.
It will have a stock GN harness with an XFI running it.
I have a 66 BB Innovative turbo.
I still need to gather parts to finish.
It will be an ALKY/Pump gas car.

These are the photos from the auction.
Never been drivin in rain or snow since new.
So im no bringing it out of the garage for new pics.

Attachments

• 8e08_1.jpg
    8e08_1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,830
  • 8f04_1.jpg
    8f04_1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,470
  • 9158_1.jpg
    9158_1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,008
  • 9739_1.jpg
    9739_1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,015
  • 9203_1.jpg
    9203_1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,005
Looks badass. I love the styling of the Cutlass. Wish I could have kept mine. I did the SBC swap instead of the Buick one though.

Are you keeping the lightning rods in it?

Looks badass. I love the styling of the Cutlass. Wish I could have kept mine. I did the SBC swap instead of the Buick one though.

Are you keeping the lightning rods in it?

Oh hell yeah,I love them things.
Will work good with the stage right brake:D

I saw you on the Oldspower board. Those guys kill me! They about slaughtered me over there when I asked how hard it was to replace my 307 with a SBC:biggrin: When I told them the 307 was a junk engine....wow is all I can say:eek:

I saw you on the Oldspower board. Those guys kill me! They about slaughtered me over there when I asked how hard it was to replace my 307 with a SBC:biggrin: When I told them the 307 was a junk engine....wow is all I can say:eek:

Link?:biggrin:

BW

Jesus, feels like i stepped back into 1984 on that site. I love how everyone is telling him that he is doing everything wrong on that thread, cant hold boost, wrong engine, brakes wont work with stock wheels:confused:

Otto- Good luck with the swap, i hope you dont rely on those guys too much to help with technical questions :eek: Seems like you pissed them off with doing what you want to with your own car.

I guess if the purists on that site really gave a **** about those precious 6100 83-84 ho's then it wouldnt have even been at the auction in the first place!

BW:rolleyes:

Ha, the 307 is not a performance engine, neither is the Pontiac 301 but people will cling to them for "purity's" sake. I think your right, Olds should have used the TB. I actually like the 442 looks better than the Regal.

go for it

That will make a killer hybrid, go for it. These are the things that impress me at car shows and cruise ins 1. How fast is it?
2. How much work went into it
3. How does it look
Stock is usually another word for slow.

Jesus, feels like i stepped back into 1984 on that site. I love how everyone is telling him that he is doing everything wrong on that thread, cant hold boost, wrong engine, brakes wont work with stock wheels:confused:

I guess if the purists on that site really gave a **** about those precious 6100 83-84 ho's then it wouldnt have even been at the auction in the first place!

BW:rolleyes:

A Baer 12" brake kit won't work with the stock CUTLASS 15" wheels without using spacers or grinding. You need to use a pretty big spacer on the front that will push the wheel out past the fender lip. Glad you are the expert in that field. The T "turbines" don't hold 12" brakes well either IIRC, unless you are running that single piston B-body iron POS (which will also clear the cutlass wheels).

I was the one who posted they didn't work... b/c I have the setup and have tried it. Maybe you should go back and re-read...

Olds SHOULD have built them with a 403 :biggrin: At least, that's what I'm doing now...

A Baer 12" brake kit won't work with the stock CUTLASS 15" wheels without using spacers or grinding. You need to use a pretty big spacer on the front that will push the wheel out past the fender lip. Glad you are the expert in that field. The T "turbines" don't hold 12" brakes well either IIRC, unless you are running that single piston B-body iron POS (which will also clear the cutlass wheels).

I was the one who posted they didn't work... b/c I have the setup and have tried it. Maybe you should go back and re-read...

Olds SHOULD have built them with a 403 :biggrin: At least, that's what I'm doing now...

My comments were dead on, I never said i was the resident expert at making the stock wheels fit bear brakes. Im would ASSUME the majority would step up to a good looking wheel when running aftermarket brake system. :eek:

Everything Otto said he is going to do in that thread, the majority there were kicking him in the nuts.... :biggrin:

BW

One thing is fur sure,I could give a crap less about tearing into the car and making it how i like it.
So they only made 3500 in 84,This will make all the others worth more.:D
I can guarantee,Mine will be way more fun to drive than any others;)
It will be a ported big valve head(Russ is doin them)
212 comp roller.Innovative 66 P trim
V4 intercooler,Dual Nozzle Alky
SE turbo 3" downpipe,stock ported headers....
Hoping for it to run 10.50s on pump fuel.
I am putting my ITC XFI in it also.

My comments were dead on, I never said i was the resident expert at making the stock wheels fit bear brakes. Im would ASSUME the majority would step up to a good looking wheel when running aftermarket brake system. :eek:

Everything Otto said he is going to do in that thread, the majority there were kicking him in the nuts.... :biggrin:

BW

so what would even be the point of asking if the Baer brakes fit if you were going to order custom wheels? Pretty obvious that all g-body spindles are the same. :confused:

I like the stock Olds SSIII's... they are a good looking wheel. Though I will be running these as well as soon as they are made...
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/krooswyk/shared/billet/DSC01822.JPG

Hey Otto-

I hope next time you try and sell some parts off the car the you wont get jumped for not being a purist on that site.

Enjoy the transformation, im sure it will turn out kick ass.

BW

Thanks,As far as the brakes I had no idea if they would fit or not,I really want to run the stock wheels.
I am hoping to stretch the rears to 10" and notch the frame:D

One thing is fur sure,I could give a crap less about tearing into the car and making it how i like it.
So they only made 3500 in 84,This will make all the others worth more.:D
I can guarantee,Mine will be way more fun to drive than any others;)
It will be a ported big valve head(Russ is doin them)
212 comp roller.Innovative 66 P trim
V4 intercooler,Dual Nozzle Alky
SE turbo 3" downpipe,stock ported headers....
Hoping for it to run 10.50s on pump fuel.
I am putting my ITC XFI in it also.

hmmmm... I have seen that set up before ... "should" go pretty good :p :eek: :biggrin: