Starting my hybrid project (UPDATES)

Thanks Rich,I just got home from doing drivability tuning,This thing is a blast to drive at 18#s on 215-65s:D
Actually a bit dangerous on the highway:eek:

No I see why you find it so mch fun to drive the wifes car.
Ill keep it at 11.50 and race you for bracket rights at the EFI shootout;)

>>> Yep that's when it's fun, you can go to track and knock wood nothing breaks, bracket race all day, have fun in EFI shootouts and drive the thing home and not be fearful of pulling the dipstick out......lol.

We all know going faster is fun but there is a price to pay for that and sometimes it gets old fixing it all the time trust me.

Buicksx2;1776920 We all know going faster is fun but there is a price to pay for that and sometimes it gets old fixing it all the time trust me.[/QUOTE said:
Ive been there,Ill miss the cool launches and high mph,But Ill enjoy not being broke now.
The car will run better than 11.50,But I am still in the air about putting a bar in it.

Ive been there,Ill miss the cool launches and high mph,But Ill enjoy not being broke now.
The car will run better than 11.50,But I am still in the air about putting a bar in it.

>>> I am getting to that point trust me.........the being broke part.......not fun. I am hoping for a quite year this year repair wise, if it gets hurt it will sit.

For now thats the plan,I am thinking about having the stock rears stretched a bit if I cant get the right drag radial to fit

Here is some motivation!:cool:

30785d1183941857-jason-s-565ci-procharged-stock-suspension-cutlass-tb1.jpg

Sweet Louie,But im not planning as of now of a frame notch,But you know me;)
I do need to order an Alky kit so i can turn it up and test a 100% stock bottom end:eek:

Trans ?

What extras did you do to the trans? I guess I'm asking how strong is it built.
BTW I thought about doing a Cutlass a while back but never found the right car. Best of luck. I can relate to breakage.

What extras did you do to the trans? I guess I'm asking how strong is it built.
BTW I thought about doing a Cutlass a while back but never found the right car. Best of luck. I can relate to breakage.

Billet input shaft,Forward drum,od planet,od carrier,All rollerized,wide band sheetmetal rear fed pan.Not sure of the other billet part brands,But the od carrier and inpt are CK,I updated them myself.
The trans was originally done by Eric Shertz.Im not sure of the clutches as far as red or blue.
It shifts fantastic,No positive of the WOT shift rpm yet.
Gotta get the boost under control first,Rained like heck here today.

Sweet Louie,But im not planning as of now of a frame notch,But you know me;)
I do need to order an Alky kit so i can turn it up and test a 100% stock bottom end:eek:

Otto,
You have the right Idea. This race car crap is for the rich. But If I was you I would still knotch the frame while the car is not finished. Some 18 x 10x out back with some 318/40s would look sweet.:eek: You know street cars stuff.:cool:

That is one badass ride Otto J!! I knew I should have used a Cutlass chassis instead of a 1990 Firebird:(

yay, the value of my stock original hurst went up and you didn;t out a dog pie chevy in an olds! :) i can't wait to LC2 my 84

Car is done,Short of any rim,tire upgrade and installation of stock V6 front springs.
The 6776DBB,Dual nozzle alky kit,and boost gauge are installed

Attachments

• lines 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    lines 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • alky kit (600 x 450).jpg
    alky kit (600 x 450).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,384
Otto,
That's a cool hot rod. Let us know when you get a chance to make a few passes. I'd like to see a pic of the H/O pulling the tires at the dragstrip!
Kevin

Nice Otto. My Brother has a 1981 with a 454 C.I. & TH400 sleeper...:smile:
But yours is nicer....;)

Honestly,It not fast enough for me:D
Its hard going backwards
It really is that nice a car

On the back of the tach there's an opening with a metal jumper in it. One position is for an 8 cylinder and the other is for a 6 cylinder. Just move the jumper where you need it. You should solder it in though because they're notorious for loose connections and inaccurate readings because of it.