Spring Shootout

1)Steve Davis --me
2)John Plog
3)Jim Rasmussen
4)Scott Reed
5)Jason Murray
6)Adam Kary w/a special delivery for ME!
7)Joe Reif Jr.
8)Brian Wanner

I know there are more of us.

Hey if someone can get a grill there I will bring the burgers and brats:cool:

I was just checking out your sig...are you shooting alky/meth? What kind of timing and a/f ratio are you running...those are really good trap speeds for a n/l converter....what kind of numbers do you see in the 1/8?

shootout

I would be happy to chip in and bring something. I will have a buddy of mine coming and I will be bring the camera to try and get some vids.

I was just checking out your sig...are you shooting alky/meth? What kind of timing and a/f ratio are you running...those are really good trap speeds for a n/l converter....what kind of numbers do you see in the 1/8?
Hey Joe,
No alky or meth,running a turbo tweak chip with 27 degrees in first and 26 in second. havent messed with the timing yet just the fueling feature so far. my otc monitor says air/fuel is around .760 at WOT . As for the eighth they are usually mid to low 6.80s. My goal this year is to get the tuning just right without pushing the boost and to cut a little weight off the car.Oh I almost forgot to mention I owe these numbers to John Plogs persistance to get me back into racing and his knowledge of these cars.

jim rasmussen.

Hey Joe,
No alky or meth,running a turbo tweak chip with 27 degrees in first and 26 in second. havent messed with the timing yet just the fueling feature so far. my otc monitor says air/fuel is around .760 at WOT . As for the eighth they are usually mid to low 6.80s. My goal this year is to get the tuning just right without pushing the boost and to cut a little weight off the car.Oh I almost forgot to mention I owe these numbers to John Plogs persistance to get me back into racing and his knowledge of these cars.

jim rasmussen.

What kind of boost are you seeing down the track...any creep? What is your typical 1/8 mile MPH and short time?? Cam???

What kind of boost are you seeing down the track...any creep? What is your typical 1/8 mile MPH and short time?? Cam???

I have it set around 26-27 lbs and have not witnessed any creep so far. My short times are : 60ft - 1.54 to 1.59
330ft - 4.39 to 4.45
mph - 100.5 to 101.00.

I will try 30lbs this year but I dont want to tempt fate just yet, I know its capable of better just need to 60 a little better.as for the cam I need to find the card on it, Its an Esp grind from about 9 years ago or more. I believe it is the same grind john plog is running.

jim rasmussen

I have it set around 26-27 lbs and have not witnessed any creep so far. My short times are : 60ft - 1.54 to 1.59
330ft - 4.39 to 4.45
mph - 100.5 to 101.00.

I will try 30lbs this year but I dont want to tempt fate just yet, I know its capable of better just need to 60 a little better.as for the cam I need to find the card on it, Its an Esp grind from about 9 years ago or more. I believe it is the same grind john plog is running.

jim rasmussen

Those short times are not that great...correct them to where they should be for the power your making and your in the 10.5x area no problem! For no more boost and timing your running that car pulls real hard out the back door. Whatever you got going on...it works!! Do you like that BB66? How does it spool?

I agree completely,all those numbers were done off the foot brake, I will be launching off the trans-brake this year as my old j-rod was bent (thanks john)but I am installing a stronger custom rod this weekend. I also just went to 10 inch wide rims and rolled the fender lips in, I hope that will let me 60 better.as for the t-66 I really like it. It is a very forgiving unit as I have run it hard for many years and it spools right up.(ball bearing unit,Q-trim.)

The weather is looking nice but chilly for Sunday...better then snow like they originally forecasted earlier in the week.