Sally's GN build

Anyone post a pic of the cruise line and throttle cable, I can't remember how it went.

Anyone post a pic of the cruise line and throttle cable, I can't remember how it went.

Just feed the cables through the center of the holes on the bracket and push the plastic tabs in till they click into place.

So got everything but my fuel pressure gauge hooked up. She is a little rich but I'll fix that. Also went out and played with my 93 cobra. The GN killed my cobra lol

Last edited:
So got everything but my fuel pressure gauge hooked up. She is a little rich but I'll fix that. Also went out and played with my 93 cobra. The GN killed my cobra lol

Nice! Of course it did soon it will bust that candy apple cobra you got lol

Nice work so far. I've been on the learning curve for a couple years now. These cars are wonderful when they're right. Take your time and learn to tune it and stay within your fuel limitations relating to boost. I'm going to repeat what has been said earlier in this thread. When the time comes to build the 9 second combo. Do NOT let anyone touch it that doesn't do these motors in their sleep. Ship it across the country if need be. Buy a motor from a known builder, whatever. You will be glad you did.

Yea, low 9's is a huge deal with these cars, even if you bought a 1000hp motor out right you still need a fuel management system, trans, rear, intercooler, tires, cage, 4bolt turbo+headers, weight savings, a good tuner a very good driver..ect.. I would learn 11 sec et's and the car first... and slowly. or it can get way more expensive then it already is.:D and welcome aboard

Yea, low 9's is a huge deal with these cars, even if you bought a 1000hp motor out right you still need a fuel management system, trans, rear, intercooler, tires, cage, 4bolt turbo+headers, weight savings, a good tuner a very good driver..ect.. I would learn 11 sec et's and the car first... and slowly. or it can get way more expensive then it already is.:D and welcome aboard
I have a feeling that "slowly" isn't in her vocabulary;)

So what can these motor hold stock? We put it on the dyno and keep upping the boost, I switched to E85 and we didn't run out of fuel. Keep finding leaks so took it off and I'm fixing that all now. But we were up to over 600hp to the wheels and had no problems with the motor.

Just make sure you don't allow it to detonate AT ALL at those hp levels or you will find it's limits pretty quick.
What is your combo,and who is tuning it/those are nice numbers out of a "stock motor".
Is this the motor that was in the car when you got it or the one you were having built ?

Last edited:
So what can these motor hold stock? We put it on the dyno and keep upping the boost, I switched to E85 and we didn't run out of fuel. Keep finding leaks so took it off and I'm fixing that all now. But we were up to over 600hp to the wheels and had no problems with the motor.
WOW, that is great... We do need more pics!:snaphappy::snaphappy:

Not much for pictures of it. Since I'm waiting for my new car to show up the GN is just going to live out the summer there and I'll work on it this winter.

But yes my dyno guy said all the numbers were good and we are running safe, but I do want to blow it up lol Want a built drive train (so I know what in it).

Last edited:
Well think I found my oil leak because its the only thing in the upper part of the motor that would have oil coming out of it. The PCV I'm sure is shot. So going to replace that.

Also the transmission leaks and the input shafts leak on both ends of the driveshaft. And is this transmission mount even right? It looks like something someone just made, doesn't look safe to me.

Also the speedo doesn't work. What do I need to make the turbo 400 to make the speedo work?

Some pictures of it on the lift.

Where did you find the PCV valve I still can't find mine.