Sally's GN build

Besides the valve cover gaskets and the rear main's seal being common, the back of the intake manifold gasket/rtv seal is known to leak. This can be aggravated due to high crankcase pressure, milled heads, or insufficient RTV instead of the gasket.

Sally, It seems your going pretty crazy chasing some of this stuff.

May I make a suggestion? Judging by what you have stated about having a 9 second pass before your birthday, stop messing around. Just pull the motor out.

It's not that hard. You obviously have the equipment and skill to get this done quickly. It takes me one long full night to get my motor out. And I have to work on my back in a closet sized garage with no heat and a drop light.

So, just pull it out and go through the whole set-up. You will be surprised how much you will find, correct, secure, protect, clean, repair, check.......so on and so on. It will give you piece of mind to know you got it right.

Pulling the motor may take a first-timer a day or 2. But in the end.....you will be familiar with every last bolt.

I think this is going to happen sooner or later.

X2 on pulling the engine out. You can replace all gaskets and do some spring cleaning at the same time. Also help you find and broken wires and connectors.

So someone on here talked me to keeping the GN so I started to play with her again.

So called a few places to have a built motor and got a 6 months at the best for a built motor. I can get a built transmission fast. So now waiting for the motor, so I'm just playing with this stuff until then.

Got trunk carpet, cutout, fixed my leak on the diff cover and pinion seal, also got a spool rear bumper one piece, new rims with the widen rears. Also ordered a LC-2 wideband, fuel press, boost gauges with a matching pillar pod.

I'll run this for the summer then pull the drivetrain and swap this winter.

Also got new rubber for the viper. Once the GN is off the lift I'm putting on my coilovers on the viper to get her down.

Last edited:
get that pinion snubber out of there , not needed with a 4link I have heard it will hurt traction

So someone on here talked me to keeping the GN so I started to play with her again.

So called a few places to have a built motor and got a 6 months at the best for a built motor. I can get a built transmission fast. So now waiting for the motor, so I'm just playing with this stuff until then.

Got trunk carpet, cutout, fixed my leak on the diff cover and pinion seal, also got a spool rear bumper one piece, new rims with the widen rears. Also ordered a LC-2 wideband, fuel press, boost gauges with a matching pillar pod.

I'll run this for the summer then pull the drivetrain and swap this winter.

Also got new rubber for the viper. Once the GN is off the lift I'm putting on my coilovers on the viper to get her down.

Yes. Like I said............Pull the motor.;)

Welcome back.

Your July 4th deadline was a little too ambitious. But.......good things come to those who wait.

Better to get it right and not rush. Build something your proud of. Not just a quarter mile work horse and you may find yourself falling in love with these turbo v6 thingies.

Your July 4th deadline was a little too ambitious. But.......good things come to those who wait.

Better to get it right and not rush. Build something your proud of. Not just a quarter mile work horse and you may find yourself falling in love with these turbo v6 thingies.

Very true, I was just in a hurry and thought if I threw money at the car it would be done. But now that I have her looking good and hopefully no oil leaks I'll learn to love her like the rest of my girls.

Very true, I was just in a hurry and thought if I threw money at the car it would be done. But now that I have her looking good and hopefully no oil leaks I'll learn to love her like the rest of my girls.
You better or I'll come out there n smack ya up side the head like mcfly lol

When you get her off the lift give us a side picture with your new tires and wheels. They look like the 10in. on the rear, whats on the front? and tire size too. From what I see it looks like a good stance.

When you get her off the lift give us a side picture with your new tires and wheels. They look like the 10in. on the rear, whats on the front? and tire size too. From what I see it looks like a good stance.

15x8 and 15x10 with a 225/60/15 and 275/50/15 in the rear.

So I think I got all my oil leaks stopped. Also got all the body stuff done and interior done so now just going to play with it until I get my motor and trans.

I just have a few things to ask.

Anyone post a pic of the cruise line and throttle cable, I can't remember how it went.

Also whats this plug for? I can't find where I unplugged it.

She is so pretty.

Now going to power wash the under side of the car and get all the oil and dirt off it.

Last edited:
Looks like the left rear lift pad is not on the frame. I would take her down and reposition it. Nice car.