Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

BINGO POST 600 GN RICK WINS AGAIN!!!! The seperate starter button my Fords had a starter button you turn the key to on hit the button and car started. That feature has made somewhat of a come back on various new cars in the last several years. I don;t know which ones but I have seen it I believe in some of the Nissans.

GN Rick as the rules go has to pass on the next question I was really hoping that one would stretch into tomorrow.

Contest is now getting just as hard for me to think them up as it is for the readers.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

here goes see next post.

Next question concerns Turbo Regals....something this group is now learning more and more about....

You got a stock original 1987 Turbo Regal don;t matter what model.

The car has several metal shields on the car. They keep heat away or serve other purposes.

I want them listed with what they attach to or cover.

Shield must be metal.....

I will give one clue...number is greater than 5.

game on players

hopefully be the last question of the nite.....I gotta uncovered my car from its winter hibernation this week and get it up on my lift in the garage to help me think up more questions...5 cats have played guard around it all winter.....over 10 mice have been killed by my cheap help. Fortunately the patrol cats use one of my shrubbery beds for their litter box. Didn't buy any of them just showed up over a period of years. All of them are friendly to me....one of them is probably pretty rare....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hvac cover,starter,spark plug shields, passenger floor board above cat,turbo shield, exhaust manifold shields.Kirbans A-arm bushing shield,tranny line shield.innercooler shield on backside,shield above relays on pass fender.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AC box heat shield, pass side valve cover breather heat shield, turbo shield, spark plug shields on headers, starter shield, relay mounting bracket on drivers side, floor shield above cat converter, trans line shield, fuel pump shield on gas tank, heat shield for fuel lines above exhaust over rear axle.

Last edited:
AC box heat shield, pass side valve cover breather heat shield, turbo shield, spark plug shields on headers, starter shield, relay mounting bracket on drivers side, floor shield above cat converter, trans line shield, fuel pump shield on gas tank, heat shield for fuel lines above exhaust over rear axle.
I'll also add the torque converter/flywheel shield.

kirban Update

Getting a late start tonite that question had too many choices to determine a single winner basically a toss up between post 604 and 605 players..

So credit both players on this round. Our cars by the way did not have shields around the spark plugs however the Turbo Trans Am did. why I have no idea.

Also the question posed was a stock car. a stock car did not have the shield we had made that shielded the bushing from the down pipe.
Point is our cars had a good number of various shields either for heat issues or rubbing issues.

Everyone can play the next round...

I am going to throw a quickee turbo question out there so I can regroup.

see next post

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a side note....a product I sent A1 Cardone about 2 months ago they now have a sample prototype for me to inspect. This is a slick product fits all our cars. Watch for updates....I supplied the sample and idea they supply the ability and money to make it happen.

Great company to work with....

kirban update

This is an easy question

Again you own a stock original 1986-1987 Turbo Regal similar to the last question that had multiple answers I am seeking just a single answer for a protective non metal sleeve that Buick used in our cars on one thing.

What is the item I am thinking of that had a protective non metal sleeve?

Member answer has to match mine....yours may be the rite answer but has to match mine.

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO POST 615 NAILED IT.. Answer was fairly simple I thought some good answers that show plastic sleeves saw many uses in our cars...the one on the last plug on the passenger side is usually forgotten when plug wires get changed.

Few pointers on plug wires....most wire sets are universal meaning designed to fit multiple applications. You really want to buy a custom set not pushing my product per say but ones that fit properly are the best so they do not rub or touch the hot exhaust manifold. One mistake owners make is loop the wires over the sharp edges of the plenum gimzo that is not good none of our engines idle smooth and
vibration can wear a hole in the wires.

Our plug wires are in stock actually arrived today....sad story about them my good friend who has made our wires for over 20 years actually owned one of my BMWs died unexpectedily few weeks back due to an infection...his good friend is now running the company.

Been busy working on 3 new projects.....and it looks like all 3 may work out for our cars.....watch for announcements soon. Cardone has a new sample of a new part for me I expect to test fit shortly...I supplied the master and urged them on they supplied the skill and money. This item will fit a multitude of GM cars.

A1 cardone has been very good to our company I frankly am surprised as its such a small segment to their business. I already lined up a customer of ours to test fit it next week.

Another product I hope to look at this weekend as I got samples from a junk yard last weekend to verify fit case my personal car is missing it. I found this product from a company I actually sold Ford parts to.....of all things...

Last but not least a major product is being tested out west thru Max Performance and again I supplied the original. Owner of Max Performance and I go back over 25 years...

These 3 ideas would make for 3 neat contests but I wanna avoid that for now....

Same rules current winner has to step aside on the next contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next trivia question:

Giving my turbo line of thought a rest.

Here goes:

Wonder Bread was introduced in 1921 still sold today.

Taking the word wonder refers to what GM car option from years ago.

Game on players

Member answer has to match mine...

denniskirban@yahoo.com