Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban next question:

I don't keep track of my questions so I am not 100% sure if I asked this before. If so it oughta be easy.

Here goes....I am thinking of 2 features not options that most turbo regal owners would gladly have paid extra for unless they already have those two features.

Member it is a feature not an option., Difference is an option is something you can choose and pay a price for. These two features may or may not be on your car together or separate but both are desirable.

The question is::

What 2 features am I referring to?

Answer as usual has to match mine

Winner of last contest has to take pass on this one.

game on players.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO GN Rick nailed it...2 features everyone wold love to have or pay extra for. Two reasons lite weight and won;t rust.

My car has both....

If you got enough energy and a lift at your house (I do) you can even polish the aluminum bumper supports the code for them is VD6 and VD 7.

I believe the code for the aluminum rear drums is J42. Came standard I believe with non posi cars....I had to add them to my car. My car has crank windows thank goodness....

Judging from this contest it must have been easy for GN Rick to nail it so quickly...

I gotta do more thinking....

I must have thrown out in this thread over 50 questions so far...

see the next one

Same rules current winner GN Rick has gotta sit out the next one

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes

You got 3 cars lined up. All stock original examples. One is a 1987 Turbo-T, One is a 1987 Grand National, last but not least 1987 Turbo-T Limited.

Visually what is the total number of Buick tri-shield emblems do you see and where are they located?

Game on

this is my last contest for tonite.....

gotta do my weekly inner circle can't get side tracked....I do it every week...

enjoy

denniskirban@yahoo.com

First guess - 13

8 - T center caps
4 - 2 T hood ornaments (front and back)
1 - GN horn button.

Total #16
Grand National: Horn Emblem
Turbo T: Horn Emblem, 4 center caps, hood ornament
T Limited: horn emblem, 4 center caps, hood ornament, 2 by opera windows, 1 on trunk key lock that swiveled out of the way. (Really testing my memory if it had that or not. The 2 by the opera windows might have only been there on landua tops too.

Total #16
Grand National: Horn Emblem
Turbo T: Horn Emblem, 4 center caps, hood ornament
T Limited: horn emblem, 4 center caps, hood ornament, 2 by opera windows, 1 on trunk key lock that swiveled out of the way. (Really testing my memory if it had that or not. The 2 by the opera windows might have only been there on landua tops too.
Edit. I think 13 is right. Those Limiteds that had the emblems on the landua tops and locks were Regal Crests, not the tri-shield emblem.

Congrats T-Charged!

I'm second guessing those hood ornaments. Think they may too might have been Regal Crests so we'd be down to 11 total.

I'm second guessing those hood ornaments. Think they may too might have been Regal Crests so we'd be down to 11 total.
Vince...just in case you're wondering...the turbo Regal's hood ornament DID have a tri-shield on them...
Claude. ;)
images.jpg

BINGO POST 587 T charge nailed it (personal long time friend of mine also).....The key feature is both Turbo-Ts and Turbo Limiteds had the spring loaded tri shield emblem on the front header apenl besides on all 4 center caps. The GN of course had the faint outline of the trishield in the 10 cents horn medallion.

You would think on the GNX 547 of them someone would have splurged at ASC or GM and duplciated the GNX logo in the horn center...
Heck they bumper the price by what 10 grand.....?

Obviously they did not consult Kirban on that decision.....

so you know the rules current winner T charge has to pass on the next contest.

By the way we just got in our Grand National seat armour cover that drapes over the seat with the embroidered GN logo on it. I shipped the one today to Burton? who won it the other day...

Can't member his lst name.

see next post for next question

denniskirban@yahoo,com

BINGO POST 587 T charge nailed it (personal long time friend of mine also).....The key feature is both Turbo-Ts and Turbo Limiteds had the spring loaded tri shield emblem on the front header apenl besides on all 4 center caps. The GN of course had the faint outline of the trishield in the 10 cents horn medallion.

You would think on the GNX 547 of them someone would have splurged at ASC or GM and duplciated the GNX logo in the horn center...
Heck they bumper the price by what 10 grand.....?

Obviously they did not consult Kirban on that decision.....

so you know the rules current winner T charge has to pass on the next contest.

By the way we just got in our Grand National seat armour cover that drapes over the seat with the embroidered GN logo on it. I shipped the one today to Burton? who won it the other day...

Can't member his lst name.

see next post for next question

denniskirban@yahoo,com
Thanks Dennis! That would be me. (y)

This question is a automotive question not turbo regal related but a bit of trivia....I don;t track how many questions I have thrown out into this thread but it must be over 60 or more by now its not easy!

here goes:

In recent years several car companies have gone with a unique feature that actually was a primitive feature in some of the cars in my youth. I am sure the young buyers to day of some of these high performance cars have no idea the feature is not something new.

I had both a 1949 Ford club coupe and a 1950 Ford sedan....both stick V8s....

Both these cars had this same feature that some car companies today have incorporated into their production cars.

I am not seeking the possible cars only what feature am I referring to that really is not a new feature.

Players probably have to be near my age to figure this answer out

good luck players....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

the answer may surprise you...

Cruise control that cuts 1 cylinder out of the firing order to save on gas. Old invention and made a recent comeback.