Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

BINGO POST 620 nailed it....

The wonderbar radio came out around 1957 or so....very popular in the Caddies....growing up my Mom always drove Caddies...Favorite one as a kid was a 56 coupe....

They also had a clever way of hiding the gas fill door behind the one tail lite..if you are not familar with that type of radio you would hit the button and the needle would roll left or rite til it found a strong radio signal and then stop....all we had back then was am radio am/fm did not come available til around 1963 in GM cars.....wonderful bulky 8-tracks first appeared in 1967 GN cars around 1970/71 cassettes came out.....again this info is based on my GTO experience...

time for me to return my movie to block buster......

same rules current winner has to step aside on the next quesiton well done....though....

denniskirban@yahoo.com,

Next question out of the gate...

Need this one to last into tomorrow....

Its turbo related

Again you own a stock 1987 Turbo Regal don't matter what model.

The key word is BLOWS

From that 5 letter word you will discover 2 codes leaving one letter unused.

list the 2 codes and where they appear....

game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Are these codes on the spid label or engraved on two separate parts? Most spid codes have a number like LC2, G80, so I am assuming they appear on parts? I know the cam sensor has a gm part # stamped on it...might need another clue for this one.

I'm confused too.
My first thought was BLM and WOT, but the "where they appear" threw me off.

Some of the steering/suspension parts had a sticker with some sort of letters on it...am I on the right track? This contest BLOWS.

Kirban Update

Sorry for the late start tonite.....visited mother-in-law in nursing home.....its true what they say far more women than men make it that far.......few exceptions like anything else....one guy only speaks Russian is 102.....

Above post 629 has nailed l/2 the answer I seek.

Here is a clue for the other half....its under the hood but not visible.

GN Rick clever line about question blows....I left myself open for that based on my choice of a word.

Lets go class as I got the next question already figured out...Paulie B is pretty sharp.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

still missing half the answer

BINGO post 631 nailed the second part to my 2 part question based on the 5 letter word blows SL is on the pm brake reservoir which I guess signifies the code for that unit. BW is the correct code on bottom of your original mass air flow sensor.

will let everyone play on this next round....

GN Rick needs to pull his grades up he has thrown a lot of wrong answers at the board...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update next question:

Again turbo regal related......

One of the toughest parts to get is a correct original rebuilt MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR for the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals. I get them because of my deep connection with Cardone I send originals to their rebuilding facility in Texas and I get my original ones back.

It can be a crap shoot by that I mean sometimes failure rate is high but that happens you got a 30 year old electrical part and old technology to deal with.

With that being said you go to your local auto store don;t matter which one advance auto zone o rileys pep boys etc....they run the part number and you walk out with what you think is a correct unit.

Instead it necks down in the middle and the connector is horizantal not pointing down to the ground. The two mounting tabs that you use to attach to the air box bracket are riveted to the unit.

Again a crap shoot but odds are not in your favor that it works.

finally here is the question

what car and engine is that unit from that rebuilders are converting?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

sorry about the long build up...but it gives readers keen insight....

Was it the hay bale eating Mustang.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kirban BINGO close enough post 634 and 635 answer is a Camaro....not sure what vintage...it is the 6 cylinder one.

Grading on a curve you two get credit....

see next post for next Turbo Regal question.....hopefully last one for tonite....give my mind a rest. If I did not work with this stuff every day I would be lost coming up with questions....and answers.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes

Open to all players

You own a original 1987 Grand National....your buddy has an equally nice 1987 Turbo-T Limited.....

One thing your buddy can brag about is you only have two of this feature whereas his car has three of this feature.

Member clue is feature not option...

What am I referring to?

Again answer has to match mine....99% sure only one answer does work....

game on players

I am signing off for tonite...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

must be fun as players keep playing...