Pulled the trigger on a 6466 CEA

Zero boost occurs at only 2600 rpm. This new turbo builds boost very early, probably around 1/4 pedal. I'll see a couple of pounds during normal spirited driving. Yesterday I was next to a cop at a red light and when the light turned green I gave it 1/4 pedal or so, got close to 5 psi and rocketed up to 55 mph very fast. I checked the rear-view to see if he was gonna pull me over since I was instantly a couple hundred feet ahead of him and the rest of the traffic, but he left me alone. This thing is very stealth.

Champion intake is very nice. I like how it cleans up the engine compartment. The only thing you must do is elongate the coil bracket holes a little and mount the coil slightly away from the firewall as to clear the wiper arm there. And be sure the rear plug wires are away from that arm as well.

I'm running an old school 60-1 on a stroked st2 4.1 with a 9.5 comp. and 3200 AC. Boost response is ridiculously quick. The motor was built with the intent to run t70+ turbo back in the mid 90s but never got to finish her up. You've got me thinking, maybe I should go with the 64 instead of the 6768 JB.

Thanks for the heads up on the intake, I remember reading that on the site not long ago. I'm sure I'll manage to fk it up;)

if you plan on leaving hard the axles alone aren't going to hold.i ended up going to a 9 inch 35 spline axles,detroit locker,disk brakes,custom driveshaft.my thought was to spend more and never worry about it,didn't want to spend any more coin on the stocker and still have the possibility of breaking and being back at the same place.at least do an eaton posi and upgrade the spline.my car shattered the rear diff and it took out everything but the case.

I went the same way you did after crunching up my 10 bolt. Only have a few hundred miles on it and it shifts like crap. Thought it was the tranny's fault so had it freshened up and all 3 shifts are very harsh. If there is any low speed wheel spin, the rear end starts jerking and feels the back wheels are hopping.
Not much fun to drive around town.

Already contacted the vendor today and told him that I thought I had a rotten pumpkin and wanted a replacement under warranty.

Does yours do any BS like this?

Also what did you do regarding pressure for rear discs? I put in a proportioning valve that was supposed to take care of the fluid flow but mine's not doing it's job as there is little braking until the brake pedal is about 3/4 to the floor which is pretty nerve wracking.:eek:

no,im very happy with it.i have a couple thousand miles on it and just started doing some shakedown runs at the strip.i bought the valve as well but we decided to wait and see how much boost it could hold without it,to my surprise easily 10lbs and i didnt try for more as hr motor mounts are next for me.the rear disks are nothing special, moser economy.bleed the brakes, stainless lines and synthetic fluid.

no,im very happy with it.i have a couple thousand miles on it and just started doing some shakedown runs at the strip.i bought the valve as well but we decided to wait and see how much boost it could hold without it,to my surprise easily 10lbs and i didnt try for more as hr motor mounts are next for me.the rear disks are nothing special, moser economy.bleed the brakes, stainless lines and synthetic fluid.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't been to the track in quite some time now. It's been very hot and raining almost daily so far this year. Once things cool a bit and the rain stops, I may take the car to the track again. High 10's and low 11.0's, very consistently on pump gas met my goal, so I haven't done any more mods since. I'd like to throw in a race chip with about 25 degrees of timing, with race fuel, and see how it pulls. I bet easy 10.50's, and with a little more boost, say around 25 psi, some 10.30 passes are in the cards. This combo sure runs great.

did you install the metco adj uppers ? im running metco adj uppers an metco lowers on a few of my cars and love them.

stock and I went a 10.97 wit a stock long block ... that's why im wondering wht spend the motor in a weber stroker ?

stock and I went a 10.97 wit a stock long block ... that's why im wondering wht spend the motor in a weber stroker ?

10.97 with a stock long block.... that's impressive, but I'm assuming you're running either race gas, a mix of pump/race gas, or running alky. And I'm sure those heads aren't 100% stock either.

My 60 foot is usually in the low 1.6's. My best was a 1.57 if I recall correctly. I haven't tried running slicks yet. I'm sure I can knock another tenth off because right now I'm launching it very easy on maybe 6 lbs of boost. My brakes can hold 10 to 12 psi.

it was 93 and alky ... heads were untouched .... just valve springs .... low 1.6's are good with DR's. I haven't ever tried on slicks either id love to leave off the t brake! Sounds like you have a lot left in that combo. Maybe some 10.60's ?

Oh there is a ton left. In fact, the first pass was a very low 11, with no tuning...just Eric's chip out of the box. I'd love to see what this would do with alky, or on race fuel. Hang on tight!

I have had this turbo for about 6-8 months now and it was bought for the stroker motor with Bison's (Brian)Heads and Cam, RJC FMIC 325 and custom Downpipe that is just about done... I could not hold out any more, and put the turbo on my current motor.. I started out with boost way down 17-18 shut the alky down and ruining c116 and car was moving decent no times/ I talked to Bison on the phone and said turn up that boost. I bumped it up to 20-21 and the turbo makes a huge whistle and it is like being shot out of a cannon... I had trouble holding the car steady WOT 1st thru 2nd.. Anyone running in the mid 20's psi yet??