Problem with gbodyparts wheel order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree! And Im really only here to give you a little conmfort on your purchase. It's a little different if Brian charged you for the wheels on your card vs not charging you until they are complete. You'll be happy with your purchase. I talk with Brian frequently and he is hard to get ahold of for me too. I can tell you email is the best way.

I made sure to say that he had not charged me for the wheels themselves, but it is really just semantics since I was charged $500 a month ago. Yes it was for the cores I know, but bottom line I’m still out $500 for a month and not able to speak with anyone regarding my order. I'm sure you can see why this didn’t sit well with me.

I'm sure Brain is great guy, I never intended to question his character, just the customer service, or lack there of, I have received here. I'm grateful we as a community have vendors to support our common addiction.

We both want the same thing, for me to get 4 great looking wheels ASAP.

Damn straight! I love the look of those wheels! If he could do a GTA in 18's, I'd be all over it! Maybe someday? I talked with him today about these sort of issues and I can garauntee your not forgotten. It's just hard to keep everyone happy when people put money out there, they get a little nervous. Ive got a HUGE amount of money out there right now that I havent seen a part of my purchases in more than 2 years. The thing is, I have a lot of faith in the people handling it! Although, I'm hoping to see my new parts soon!!!!! The guys at the track, on the other hand, hope it takes longer to get my stuff back!!!:biggrin:

unless you have been charged for them, guess what, you haven't paid for em. even where you're concerned.

if you have a problem with a vendor, don't use em. period. as for me, i'll continue to use gbodyparts.com as a valued source for many of my needs. sure, some orders take longer than others, thats the way it is. for me 5 out of my 6 orders have been fine. the 1 time it was a problem it was a pain, for like 5 minutes! i knew that eventually things would work out. i've never had a problem getting ahold of somebody at gbody. sometimes its not easy, but never impossible. obviously, brian is having some issues. its not the end of the world. as for you wheels, looks like you'll have em soon enough. and its only been a month. sounds good to me.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VENDOR, SEND EM AN E-MAIL OR IM. STOP THE AIRING OF DIRTY LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC.

Brian, keep your chin up bro!!!

Bottom line, if Brian and Gbody go away, we all lose big time. he is a big supported of the TB community, and a valuable resource for all of us g-body lovers.

He and they are certainly not perfect, none of us are! but this public whining, finger pointing, and name calling serve no purpose at all, except to piss most of us off! let it go, work it out IN PRIVATE. i know its a pain in the ass, getting parts in the mail makes that day Christmas for most of us. and nobody likes to wait for christmas. lets all be patient and understanding. people by and large try their best, lets give Brain the benefit of the doubt and understand that there are things going on at his shop that are beyond his control, he is working diligently to fix them, and things will get better. I, for one, am pulling for both Brian to right his "ship" and for all the "problem" orders to be filled ASAP. i really am.

i am sorry if i pissed any body off, and i do apologize if i did. CHEERS

JDPOLZIN, calm down before you blow a head gasket. You like GBodyParts, he takes care of you, that's fine.

CDUB paid his bucks up front and got zero response from GBody. No one likes to pay for something then get put on ignore. Brian has taken a lot of hits in the past year or two, and many of them are a result of not talking to the customer. I don't care how busy you are, or how bad the help is, or how sick you are, if you open your business doors and take someone's money, then you owe them the courtesy of a prompt response. That's all this is, just a lack of courtesy to the customer.

Now, that's my humble opinion- blast away.

Understandable. I do get pretty pissed when people keep this GBodyParts bashing going. If Brian closes shop, as some people wished, we would be stuck buying junk from Ebay, filling Kirbans pockets (who is only out there to make BIG Money and doesnt do much at all for any of us), buying from Postons who are very very difficult to contact (you think Brian is bad, try returning something defective or misrepresented to Postons!), or simply just other members. I try to buy from other members if I can to help other enthusiest keep $$$ in their pocket. I also support Brian, he's done a lot for me and the community and is also active around the community.

OK, I'm done!:biggrin:

unless you have been charged for them, guess what, you haven't paid for em. even where you're concerned.

if you have a problem with a vendor, don't use em. period. as for me, i'll continue to use gbodyparts.com as a valued source for many of my needs. sure, some orders take longer than others, thats the way it is. for me 5 out of my 6 orders have been fine. the 1 time it was a problem it was a pain, for like 5 minutes! i knew that eventually things would work out. i've never had a problem getting ahold of somebody at gbody. sometimes its not easy, but never impossible. obviously, brian is having some issues. its not the end of the world. as for you wheels, looks like you'll have em soon enough. and its only been a month. sounds good to me.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VENDOR, SEND EM AN E-MAIL OR IM. STOP THE AIRING OF DIRTY LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC.

Bottom line, if Brian and Gbody go away, we all lose big time. he is a big supported of the TB community, and a valuable resource for all of us g-body lovers.

He and they are certainly not perfect, none of us are! but this public whining, finger pointing, and name calling serve no purpose at all, except to piss most of us off! let it go, work it out IN PRIVATE. i know its a pain in the ass, getting parts in the mail makes that day Christmas for most of us. and nobody likes to wait for christmas. lets all be patient and understanding. people by and large try their best, lets give Brain the benefit of the doubt and understand that there are things going on at his shop that are beyond his control, he is working diligently to fix them, and things will get better. I, for one, am pulling for both Brian to right his "ship" and for all the "problem" orders to be filled ASAP. i really am.

We must have been typing at the same time! And we pretty much typed the same thing!

I just dont understand...

I just dont understand why anyone would defend G-body/Brian. At least once a week theres a new post about a problem. How many people need to be burned, feel cheated, or lied to, or never contacted about an order before we all realize he is taking advantage of everyone. Imagine if he was an insulin supplier :eek: . That might be a good product for him to sell. I guess I and others wouldnt be able to email him if we were in a diabetic coma! Defending that company is like a girlfriend begging the Police not to take her boyfriend to jail after he split her head open. "But I love him". Come on guys ---even U jeremy- I love u like a brother, but it pains me to see U defend that stroke. He wouldnt pe@ on U if U were on fire unless he could make a dollar. Yes Im having a bad day. Im going to take my medication now!

i'll tell you why, because all you read about is how bad he/they are. its only one side of it. i'm telling the other side. if you think brian is trying to take advantage of anybody you are just plain wrong. he is not getting rich doing this. thats a fact. you couldn't pay me enough to do what he does. we are lucky to have him, warts and all. that is also a fact. i just placed a $1000 order. immediately e-mailed to make sure he/they got it and heard back from them within an hour. Brian might over-promise and under-perform sometimes, but its not for lack of trying. like i said, i believe brian is aware of the issues and i also believe that he will address and fix these issues. thats the bottom line. if you don't believe thats your prerogative, but i don't want read about it.

take this order for example, he's paid $500 for a core charge. thats normal, we would all have to pay this. thats for the work to start on the wheels. no $500, no start work. he will be charged for the wheels when they are shipped. this should happen soon as he has talked to the source. new custom sized wheels in little more than a month. sounds reasonable to me. now it would have been nice to have heard back from g-body and that sucks and all, but looks like a happy ending. everyone needs to slam a cold one and cool down. where is the harm here? seriously, i think you were a little overdoing the condemnation.

My fingers are crossed that Brian works thru this rough patch and i hope your wheels are killer. hope you post some pixx and let Brain know how cool they look. try to remember that we are all in this together. what Brian provides is very hard to do. and even harder to make a living doing it. if it were easy, we'd all have more options. and we don't! so, instead of trying to drive Brian out of business, lets put our heads together and help him thru the hard times. !!! i mean this- CHEERS to all!

i'll tell you why, because all you read about is how bad he/they are. its only one side of it. i'm telling the other side. if you think brian is trying to take advantage of anybody you are just plain wrong. he is not getting rich doing this. thats a fact. you couldn't pay me enough to do what he does. we are lucky to have him, warts and all. that is also a fact. i just placed a $1000 order. immediately e-mailed to make sure he/they got it and heard back from them within an hour. Brian might over-promise and under-perform sometimes, but its not for lack of trying. like i said, i believe brian is aware of the issues and i also believe that he will address and fix these issues. thats the bottom line. if you don't believe thats your prerogative, but i don't want read about it.

take this order for example, he's paid $500 for a core charge. thats normal, we would all have to pay this. thats for the work to start on the wheels. no $500, no start work. he will be charged for the wheels when they are shipped. this should happen soon as he has talked to the source. new custom sized wheels in little more than a month. sounds reasonable to me. now it would have been nice to have heard back from g-body and that sucks and all, but looks like a happy ending. everyone needs to slam a cold one and cool down. where is the harm here? seriously, i think you were a little overdoing the condemnation.

My fingers are crossed that Brian works thru this rough patch and i hope your wheels are killer. hope you post some pixx and let Brain know how cool they look. try to remember that we are all in this together. what Brian provides is very hard to do. and even harder to make a living doing it. if it were easy, we'd all have more options. and we don't! so, instead of trying to drive Brian out of business, lets put our heads together and help him thru the hard times. !!! i mean this- CHEERS to all!

So you placed an order, asked for confirmation and then received an answer? I can see why you're happy with the service you received. I tried over 10 times contact anyone via phone and email with no answer until after posting here from anyone at gbody.

When they charged me is not the issue. I was told 2 weeks and when that time came I tried to contact them with no reply, I could care less if they charged me for the whole order up front, in fact I assumed they would until I was told they would wait till they shipped, obviously it was a miscommunication on the core charge, no worries, not a problem. What is a problem is not hearing from anyone for an extended period of time.

If you don't want to read about it don't read the numerous posts about it, clearly this is not a one time issue. Like I said before, one email or phone call would have prevented the need to address this in a public forum.

you don't get it! there is no NEED to address this in a public forum. i'm cool with you wanting to do it, but i don't see a need. opportunity for abuse of this process is too great. g-body was wrong in not getting back to you. thats agreed, but no one was taken advantage of here. no one was damaged, at all, except possibly brian and G-bodyparts.com. thats the problem. i'm sure your issue is valid, i'm equally sure that there are some that are not valid. whats to stop me from saying they screwed me too. nothing at all. but it doesn't matter. we all go on our way and brian is left holding a **** sandwidge. i think there is a better way to work this out than in a public forum. like i said, i really hope your wheels work out and also hope brian can weather this storm.

you don't get it! there is no NEED to address this in a public forum. i'm cool with you wanting to do it, but i don't see a need. opportunity for abuse of this process is too great. g-body was wrong in not getting back to you. thats agreed, but no one was taken advantage of here. no one was damaged, at all, except possibly brian and G-bodyparts.com. thats the problem. i'm sure your issue is valid, i'm equally sure that there are some that are not valid. whats to stop me from saying they screwed me too. nothing at all. but it doesn't matter. we all go on our way and brian is left holding a **** sandwidge. i think there is a better way to work this out than in a public forum. like i said, i really hope your wheels work out and also hope brian can weather this storm.

What should I have done? I tried contacting them for 2 weeks and no body got back to me, how long should I wait? They said 2 weeks, it's been 4. This is not a personal attack on Brian, I literally didn’t know what else to do to get in touch with them.

I never said I got screwed, I said no one had called me back. I absolutely gave Brian/gbody the benefit of the doubt, I would doubt you're reading my posts if you think otherwise.

Was this an effort to bash Gbody parts ? seemed an aweful lot like a guy wondering if his wheels were in the process of being manufactured or not.

How can this be delt with in private? there was no contact.

You just don't make sense here.... the man just needed a simple answer and you are jumping all over him.

it is quite obvious the Gbody office is Kaos on a good day. A growing buisness needs the right people in the right places to make it work. Gbody is a vendor we can't afford to lose so I really hope his team pulls it together.

Just my opinion,

gbodyparts is on the verge of filing bankruptcy with all the outstanding bills he has going around so id be careful when ordering from them.

give the guy a break man he just spent almost 1k with this SUPPORTING VENDOR and hasnt had any contact with him in around 2weeks, id be pissed off to if he didnt return my calls or answered my private messages. world of advise take your wheels to a local tire shop and tell them you want a wider dish and they will do the rest, i think the back spacing is 4:25 i could be wrong but i got the backspacing for the wider gn wheels on here. saves alot of time from dealing with the MIDDLE MAN.

Why does that not surprise me?

gbodyparts is on the verge of filing bankruptcy with all the outstanding bills he has going around so id be careful when ordering from them.

With a track record like that, it is clearly just a matter of time. Believe me nobody will miss what he sometimes provided to a few select members. If U need junk parts, just go to the junkyard. I wish him good health, but thats it, in the words of Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson...He Gone!

I have about had it.... DO YOU HAVE PROFF OF THIS STATEMENT???? Think real hard about how far you slander a person in public. I, as a MEMBER not the board owner feel that statement was just uncalled for... It is so funny how most of these kinda of statements (not everyone but you know who you are) come from the same part of the country... Real close to you know who, but he does no wrong:rolleyes:

I have tried my best to stay out of every thread concerning Gbody because we are friends.

BUT-

Enough is enough, there are certain members that jump in on every thread they can and kick Brian. These same people then complain about guys jumping in and defending Brian. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE????

I want everyone reading and keeping up with these "Gbody Threads" to remember there are 2 sides to every story....

I am voicing this opinion as a member and a friend of Brian's. MANY MANY people in the TR community have had excellent experiences with him. If his business is so bad why does all the lines ring non stop in his office? Most are NEW ORDERS, not complaints...... I am not saying he is perfect, or putting him on a pedestal just stating facts I KNOW for myself....

The saddest part is the number of his long time customers and a lot of long time members of TurboBuick.com have left the board or community as a whole because of all the thrashing that goes on now a days.

We try to do something as a civilized board to have a set of rules for members to air complaints and get things resolved in a civil and business like manner. However when we do, we get accused of protecting, hiding, etc.... We are doing our best as a board to deal with the situation(s) individually. The rules cleary state you can contact an admin or a mod about a situation and we will be GLAD to help. If a vendor doesn't respond to us either than there must be a problem. I get very few of those however...

We are a small community that is slowing shrinking. Stuff like this only makes the shrinking faster...

Again I posted this as a member...

Amazing how you can find this out from the other side of the country....care to name your source??

Status
Not open for further replies.